PDA

View Full Version : Caney this week-end 10/25 or 11/2

tcintn
10-21-2014, 11:44 AM
According to COE,they are trying to get Center Hill down to around 632.But before they get there they might slow it down and if so it might be 11/2 before gen schedule will allow wade fishing on river.
At the rate it is dropping now,it would take six more days to reach 632 if they keep running 10,500 CFS.

browntrout
10-21-2014, 12:24 PM
According to COE,they are trying to get Center Hill down to around 632.But before they get there they might slow it down and if so it might be 11/2 before gen schedule will allow wade fishing on river.
At the rate it is dropping now,it would take six more days to reach 632 if they keep running 10,500 CFS.

Thats about what I was figuring. Going to take the kayak to the lake and chase smallmouth until then. Cant wait to get back up there.

Roy

Travis C.
10-21-2014, 01:16 PM
I will be up there the weekend after that all weekend. I hope they drop the sluice by then and it wont matter much to me if its small wade windows. Ideally i would like to wade but my choice of scenarios now would be to see the sluice go away.

browntrout
10-21-2014, 01:49 PM
I will be up there the weekend after that all weekend. I hope they drop the sluice by then and it wont matter much to me if its small wade windows. Ideally i would like to wade but my choice of scenarios now would be to see the sluice go away.

Are you going to be in a kayak or boat? If you are in a yak maybe we can fish together and shuttle.

Roy

tcintn
10-21-2014, 02:39 PM
Travis C.

Why the sluice o go away?

Since I wade only,I have found that the fishing is far better when there is a sluice running around 250 CFS.

Travis C.
10-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Are you going to be in a kayak or boat? If you are in a yak maybe we can fish together and shuttle.

Roy

Yak. That would work for me.

Travis C.
10-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Why the sluice o go away?

Since I wade only,I have found that the fishing is far better when there is a sluice running around 250 CFS.

A constant 250 is great fishing. I am meaning the supplemental opening with generation. That allows me to still fish while they run water.

browntrout
10-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Yak. That would work for me.

Well crap I forgot I got a meeting out of town on November 7-9. Is that when you are going?

Roy

Travis C.
10-21-2014, 05:39 PM
Well crap I forgot I got a meeting out of town on November 7-9. Is that when you are going?

Roy

Yeah. Thats the weekend.

browntrout
10-22-2014, 02:02 PM
Well they have cut back to around 5700 cfs. so it will take a lot longer to get it down now. Darn, I wished the Corps would let me control the dam.

Roy

Travis C.
10-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Well they have cut back to around 5700 cfs. so it will take a lot longer to get it down now. Darn, I wished the Corps would let me control the dam.

Roy

Yeah same here.

I will just be content to have the pond if they are generating all day. I do have a backup plan in my pocket though. ;)

Travis C.
10-23-2014, 08:25 AM
I talked with a ranger yesterday and he said the sluice will probably be running along side generation on into November. In years past, they ran it until usually the second week of November but I can't remember getting this much rain this late either.

Hoping the stop it around the same. I am wanting the 3-5am late/fall winter pulse of one generator that they usually do again.

TroutFiend
10-30-2014, 01:43 PM
I see where the gens should shut off for the night tonight for the first time in a while. Any idea if they will turn down the flow on the sluice gate though?:confused:

Travis C.
10-30-2014, 02:04 PM
I see where the gens should shut off for the night tonight for the first time in a while. Any idea if they will turn down the flow on the sluice gate though?:confused:

Wait until the gens actually shut off to see if they cut the sluice off as well. Had been just running with generation then off when not. The website shows they are supplementing still.

Historically they stop doing the supplemental around first week of November.

TroutFiend
10-31-2014, 12:58 PM
Yeah, they shut them down last night then the sluice followed as well. Murky water and not so hungry trout...😕

Travis C.
10-31-2014, 03:35 PM
Yeah, they shut them down last night then the sluice followed as well. Murky water and not so hungry trout...😕

Its always been hard after a long period of generation to catch them. Give it a few day or week with low water windows and it will be more normal.