PDA

View Full Version : Williamsport Lake Conditions

Alphahawk
10-16-2014, 05:01 PM
Since my morning was spent at the dentist...and had no time to head to Pickwick thought I would head out to Williamsport to check on conditions for anyone fishing there this weekend. Blue Cat looks good...visibility is 2-3 feet. Shell Cracker also looks good but only about a foot visibility. Goldeneye is still low but the water looks good. Some duckweed is still in the back of a couple coves...but not much. The Gills, shell cracker, and crappie were biting good at Blue Cat. They were located all along the dam......a fish on about every 4th cast. The crappie....as usual....are only about 9 inches. The Gills were running about 7 inches but are really chunky. I didn't catch any big shell crackers but did catch a bunch the size in the pics....which is a good fight on 2# test. Just sitting on a bucket and enjoying the nice weather and catching some fish. For the kayakers you might be able to get into Goldeneye without getting into too much mud. Would be a great spot to take the kids this weekend.

Regards

agelesssone
10-16-2014, 10:49 PM
Hope the dentist didn't hurt you too bad.

Sounds like you had some fun this afternoon, congrats.

Maybe you'll wear them out at Pickwick tomorrow.