PDA

View Full Version : Caney this coming weekend

RUGER
10-14-2014, 04:57 PM
Weather looks absolutely beautiful so far for this coming weekend.

Gonna try my best to be wading the Caney at daylight this Saturday. :)

Got a birthday supper that might dampen the plan though.

browntrout
10-14-2014, 05:25 PM
Ruger,
Don't want to dampen your plans but with the rain that we have had I am 99% sure the will be blowing the Caney out with the generators. Might want to have a back up plan.......sorry man.

Roy

RUGER
10-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Booooo !!! :(

I have been watching the generation and every day it has been 1 running, starting around noon.

Guess I will just keep an eye on it. :D

tcintn
10-14-2014, 06:53 PM
The lake being around 4' over where they have been keeping it lately and running 24 hours per day,I would almost guess that this week-end will be 24 hours of gen.
Now they could be generous and turn the gen off just for the fisherman this week-end so keep your eye on it come Friday eve.
Look here
http://http://www.tva.com/river/lakeinfo/index.htm[/URL]

Travis C.
10-14-2014, 08:35 PM
Yeah the forecast for the next five days is the same generation as today. More than likely will continue after that.

MNfisher
10-14-2014, 08:47 PM
As fast as the lake is rising, and how much Great Falls is dumping in it, I would say there might even be 2 generators this weekend!

Mike

browntrout
10-15-2014, 06:54 AM
As fast as the lake is rising, and how much Great Falls is dumping in it, I would say there might even be 2 generators this weekend!

Mike

Or 3, water has risen 5 feet in 3 days and Great Falls is still putting out 25,000 cfs. See yall on the river in December.

Roy

tcintn
10-15-2014, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by MNfisher View Post

Mike
Or 3, water has risen 5 feet in 3 days and Great Falls is still putting out 25,000 cfs. See yall on the river in December.

Roy
It is really around 7' over where they have been keeping it.

Roy you are right,it might be December to get that much water out and with more rain,"oh well"

browntrout
10-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Well it looks like the lake is going to settle in between 638 to 639 and Great Falls is finally backing off to around 10,000 cfs which is matching what is being put out on the Caney. If we have no more rain and they pull at the normal rate of 1/2 a foot a day it should take around at least 20 days before they will think about cutting the generators off. We might get to fish the Friday after Thanksgiving if we are lucky.........

Roy

jad2t
10-16-2014, 10:43 AM
Well it looks like the lake is going to settle in between 638 to 639 and Great Falls is finally backing off to around 10,000 cfs which is matching what is being put out on the Caney. If we have no more rain and they pull at the normal rate of 1/2 a foot a day it should take around at least 20 days before they will think about cutting the generators off. We might get to fish the Friday after Thanksgiving if we are lucky.........

Roy

Why wait until then? Some of the best luck I've ever had on the Caney has been during heavy generation throwing jigging spoons from the steps. Not quite the numbers I'd get using TMs on a long float but still a lot of fish and larger fish.

I plan on going and doing just that as soon as they've shut off the sluice. When that gate is open, the fish tend to congregate there and it's not easy to cast that far.

Travis C.
10-16-2014, 11:37 AM

Roy

Thats unacceptable. I will be fishing it the 8-9th of November. They better get their stuff straight before then. :D

browntrout
10-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Why wait until then? Some of the best luck I've ever had on the Caney has been during heavy generation throwing jigging spoons from the steps. Not quite the numbers I'd get using TMs on a long float but still a lot of fish and larger fish.

I plan on going and doing just that as soon as they've shut off the sluice. When that gate is open, the fish tend to congregate there and it's not easy to cast that far.

I will fish it, just not wade it.

Roy

browntrout
10-16-2014, 12:08 PM
Thats unacceptable. I will be fishing it the 8-9th of November. They better get their stuff straight before then. :D

You better go get a bucket and start bailing water out of the lake!!!!!!

Roy

Travis C.
10-16-2014, 12:35 PM
You better go get a bucket and start bailing water out of the lake!!!!!!

Roy

I ain't skeerd. If I have to get Joel to shuttle me from South Carthage to the Dam a couple times in a day to fish by George I am gonna fish it. :D

browntrout
10-16-2014, 01:45 PM
I ain't skeerd. If I have to get Joel to shuttle me from South Carthage to the Dam a couple times in a day to fish by George I am gonna fish it. :D

Let me know, I will split the cost with ya!!!!!!!!

Roy

browntrout
10-18-2014, 04:47 PM
River look really good today. I wished I would have floated it today.

thehick176
10-18-2014, 05:59 PM
Crossed it heading towards Cookeville this morning. Water clarity looked good but it was up in the trees.