PDA

View Full Version : below pickwick 10/12/2014

fishon
10-11-2014, 07:56 PM
slow day 8-10 white bass 3 sm one sm was about 3lb lots of water running there today.the sm was caught trolling a norman lure and the stripe was caught on rattle trap/ 'salt&pepper tm

Alphahawk
10-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Yep....a lot of water. Did you fish the boils? Thanks for the report. Going to be about double the water Monday.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishon
10-12-2014, 09:07 AM
we fished the boils some most of the white bass came from just in front of the towers just above the boat ramp.caught the sm down below long wall on lil n crank bait.

Alphahawk
10-12-2014, 09:21 AM
we fished the boils some most of the white bass came from just in front of the towers just above the boat ramp.caught the sm down below long wall on lil n crank bait.

Thats a good spot for whites.

Regards

fishon
10-12-2014, 09:22 AM
also i might add it was a bear loading the boat back out there with all that water running.

fishon
10-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Thats a good spot for whites.

Regards
bait fish by the thousands there.they were just rolling beside the boat

Alphahawk
10-12-2014, 09:53 AM
also i might add it was a bear loading the boat back out there with all that water running.

I lived close to there for 4 years and had a boat for several years. Fished below the dam in the boat 4-5 days a week 12 months a year. The more water generally means better fishing. I like to see it up around 80,000 CFS or better. It took a few times loading the boat to get used to the current but after that it was no problem. The problems would come when I would have my boat out there and get caught when they would open the 16 spill gates not knowing when I put in that they would be opening those gates. I would have to run down to the Botel to get my boat back on the trailer....there is a ramp there that is somewhat protected. Many times I could catch a ride back up to the TVA ramp to get my vehicle and trailer but there were times when I had to walk it......LOL.

Regards

fishon
10-12-2014, 10:48 AM
is the ramp at the botel open to the public to use or no?

Alphahawk
10-12-2014, 11:06 AM

I have not had a boat since 2004 but I think it is. At one time you had to pay 2 dollars I think it was. Just checked their website and they say it is private but I would suspect you could still launch for a small fee....not like they are covered up with business.

Regards

Alphahawk
10-12-2014, 11:11 AM

Just checked with them...it is free and open to the public.

Regards

fishon
10-12-2014, 11:22 AM
thanks i will have to ck it out next time im there.