PDA

View Full Version : Out before the sun this morning

bates19
10-11-2014, 01:10 PM
So I've been fishing all over the Smyrna area the last few weeks trying to learn the new area. I've been wanting to get into some catfish. So I finally bought a cast net in hopes of finding shad and then getting into some cats. Headed out before the sun this morning. Got to a spot I'd been seeing a ton of shad the last week, and there we're blow ups EVERYWHERE. So I threw out my favorite hoops popper and in 3 casts, hooked 3 bass. All about 1.5/2 lbs. love hearing the water explode when you're still fishing in the dark, never gets old. Started throwing the net for shad and got about a dozen various sized thread fin and gizzards. I threw them out on a slip rig with a circle hook. I managed to catch another 4 or 5 bass on the shad. But no cats. All in all a good day, it's nice to know that now I can catch shad to fish with. Any one have recommendations on targeting cats from the bank? A guy I ran into said fishing from the bank I should cut the shad up rather than fish them live. Any advice is appreciated as always.
And sorry, it's not letting me upload my photos.
Tight lines!

bates19
10-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Here's one more for now, will try to get the rest on the computer later

RUGER
10-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Nice !

creekcrappie
10-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Nice bass!

Alphahawk
10-11-2014, 09:17 PM