PDA

View Full Version : Tim's Ford Lake - Advice?

BassBum1
10-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Fellas,

I've just recently moved my bass boat to Tim's Ford Lake. Never fished the lake before and would appreciate any insights about the lake.

I'm a bass fisherman but am anxious to try out catching hybrids.

Thanks,

BassBum1

thehick176
10-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the site! We have some guys that fish there quite a bit and can help you out. Or, you can search previous posts about Tims Ford.

aero320
10-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Haven't been on the lake in a couple of weeks. Hybrids and Stripers have been around the islands around the dam but they should be heading up stream by now. Little Hurricane is always a good bet this time of year. Don't know about bass.

agelesssone
10-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Check out tennesseebassguides.com. They fish Tims Ford all the time.

BassBum1
10-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Appreciate the info fellas.

A friend called this afternoon and said he has been having a good bit of success the last week or two fishing for hybrids in the jumps, in the afternoons after work.

Hybrid fishing is new to me. Anyone out there have suggestions relative to appropriate tackle, line, lures, rod, reel, etc.?

Thanks

Bass Bum 1

Pookie
10-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Appreciate the info fellas.

A friend called this afternoon and said he has been having a good bit of success the last week or two fishing for hybrids in the jumps, in the afternoons after work.

Hybrid fishing is new to me. Anyone out there have suggestions relative to appropriate tackle, line, lures, rod, reel, etc.?

Thanks

Bass Bum 1
I fish a Little George or a #5 or #7 Shad Rap, but what do I know? I have also had good success with a 3" twister tail in white or chartreuse. The fish will let you know what color they like.