PDA

View Full Version : Unpacked Super Bait Tank 2!

aero320
10-10-2014, 10:41 PM

I am very impressed with the tank!

tkwalker
10-11-2014, 12:37 AM
Aero, What kind of filter system does it use ... My Grayline used a water fall system that dumped in to a filter material and charcoal to separate the bait scales from reentering the tank ... <'TK>< :)

aero320
10-11-2014, 06:54 AM
Aero, What kind of filter system does it use ... My Grayline used a water fall system that dumped in to a filter material and charcoal to separate the bait scales from reentering the tank ... <'TK>< :)

TK:

There is a separate area in the tank that serves as the filter compartment. Water enters the center of the filter unit through the standpipe. A Rule pump that is in the bottom of the filter compartment pumps water back into the main tank. This causes the water to flow upward through the standpipe. It then overflows into the filter unit and first passes through a removable scale basket. Below the scale basket is a foam filter pad. Below the filter pad, some of the pillow stuffing material is used. The filter unit is shown in one of the photos.

eksfish
10-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Aero320, you are going to really like that tank. I've owned a SuperII for several years. Last year updated the aeration system with an update kit from Striper Soup. Tank has held up well.
My boat came with a Blue Water tank built-in and was really never satisfied with it. The Blue Water used the same filter system but had no scale basket. Filter clog up quickly. Finally pulled it out of the boat, replacing with my old updated SuperII.

The next step I'm considering is adding an Oxygen system. Keep those skippies friskie longer!

JKTrevecca
10-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Very nice! Congrats on the new tank.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

aero320
10-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Aero320, you are going to really like that tank. I've owned a SuperII for several years. Last year updated the aeration system with an update kit from Striper Soup. Tank has held up well.
My boat came with a Blue Water tank built-in and was really never satisfied with it. The Blue Water used the same filter system but had no scale basket. Filter clog up quickly. Finally pulled it out of the boat, replacing with my old updated SuperII.

The next step I'm considering is adding an Oxygen system. Keep those skippies friskie longer!

I also have a Blue Water tank (30 gallon). The SBT2 is larger because the 30 gallon rating is for the bait area while the rating for the Blue Water is for the bait area and filter area. The attention to detail on the SBT2 is unbelievable. I understand now why there is such a backlog on SBT2 tanks. Well worth the wait.