PDA

View Full Version : Whites at Pickwick

Alphahawk
10-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Fished Pickwick early this morning and caught 71 white bass before heading home. Didn't get too wet.....had a big down pour when I first arrived but after that was just like a heavy mist. I don't usually fish off the catwalk there due to so many people. Well I got lucky today....I was the only fool out in the rain and had the catwalk to myself. The whites were stacked in there like cord wood. I am hoping this is the start of their fall run and they will stay there for next 6 weeks or so. The fish were all between 11-14 inches...not the usual big whites Pickwick is known for but still a lot of fun on 4# test line. I used a 1/4 ounce Double Cross jig head with a Killer Klatt Crappie Magnet. The fish would only occasionally bust the surface. They were holding in the first two generator outlets and also at the front edge. It was pretty much a fish every cast.....water is down to 71 degrees. It felt good getting back into them again. Pickwick is going to be running a pretty good bit of water the next 3 days and I expect these fish will hang around so for those who asked me to report when the whites show up...well now might be the time to go.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
10-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Sounds like a fun day!

tcintn
10-10-2014, 04:22 PM
What a great day for you.
Also,thanks for your help at BHS.

RUGER
10-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Very cool man.

Pookie
10-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Looks like you found em, congrats!

If they are hitting at Pickwick, my bet is, they have turned on at Joe Wheeler and Cheatham. I'll be trying them this coming week if it ever stops raining.

The CM webpage doesn't define what color Killer Klatt is. Can ya help me, or show a pic?

Alphahawk
10-11-2014, 09:01 AM
Looks like you found em, congrats!

If they are hitting at Pickwick, my bet is, they have turned on at Joe Wheeler and Cheatham. I'll be trying them this coming week if it ever stops raining.

The CM webpage doesn't define what color Killer Klatt is. Can ya help me, or show a pic?

Thanks...They should be there also.....I hope they get bigger in the next few weeks or so. Here is a pic of Killer Klatt. IMHO one of the best colors he ever put out.

Regards

agelesssone
10-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Where are you fishing today?

Alphahawk
10-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Where are you fishing today?

If that was directed to me Merv I am not. But would love to. The rain is moving in quick at Pickwick and just my luck they are going to average 40,000 CFS which means by this afternoon it will hit 75,000 CFS and the fish will most likely be all over the place.....but will hit it again Monday if no lightning is around. Listened to Rick McFerrin on Doug Markham this morning and the whites are on fire at Tims Ford also. I would think they would be on fire at JPP and I would guess Old Hickory also. I know I love catching those things. How is that 360 working out?

Regards