PDA

View Full Version : Caney Generation Tomorrow

wordty
10-08-2014, 09:27 PM
In town from Louisiana for a few days to move my parents (real fun) and tomorrow (Thursday) is my only day to go to the Caney…looks like rain, but please tell me the following…there is one gen going from 9-5…so how long will it take the water to get to Happy Hollow with one gen going? I know this is on the site somewhere but am in a time crunch. I am wanting to know how early I would have to put in at Happy to float to Betty's while staying ahead of the rising water. Thanks, and don't take the Caney for granted! I get on this site about every day in Shreveport just to read about how the fishing is here in Mid TN!!!

tkwalker
10-09-2014, 12:23 AM
In town from Louisiana for a few days to move my parents (real fun) and tomorrow (Thursday) is my only day to go to the Caney…looks like rain, but please tell me the following…there is one gen going from 9-5…so how long will it take the water to get to Happy Hollow with one gen going? I know this is on the site somewhere but am in a time crunch. I am wanting to know how early I would have to put in at Happy to float to Betty's while staying ahead of the rising water. Thanks, and don't take the Caney for granted! I get on this site about every day in Shreveport just to read about how the fishing is here in Mid TN!!!

Wordty, How's it going ... We miss you ... It is 5 miles from the Dam to HH ... Unless things have changed with one Gen it takes 5 hours +/- ... Betty's Island is three miles further ... So figure 8 Hours from the Dam +/- ... Rule of thumb on the Caney with one Gen is a mile an hour +/-... Now with the new sluice gates and normal pool which would be higher so the dynamic of the pool is different now ... I haven't fished it since the Sluice gates have been put in ... <'TK>< :)

Travis C.
10-09-2014, 08:29 AM
The water takes about 2-2.5 to Happy and 3-3.5 to Betty's on one generator no sluice. The sluice will cut that by at least 30mins and if they are getting rain runoff a little more.

The water seems to move around 3 mph under normal one generation conditions no sluice.

It would be a Betty's by noon easily if they start at 9am. I would be on the water fishing/floating right now towards Betty's. That gives you a little over an hour to cover a mile.

tkwalker
10-09-2014, 11:26 AM
The water takes about 2-2.5 to Happy and 3-3.5 to Betty's on one generator no sluice. The sluice will cut that by at least 30mins and if they are getting rain runoff a little more.

The water seems to move around 3 mph under normal one generation conditions no sluice.

It would be a Betty's by noon easily if they start at 9am. I would be on the water fishing/floating right now towards Betty's. That gives you a little over an hour to cover a mile.

Thanks Travis, I stand corrected ... I was thinking of the Sebow Wishey and the Congo Bottom , My old Haunts ... <'TK>< :)

Travis C.
10-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks Travis, I stand corrected ... I was thinking of the Sebow Wishey and the Congo Bottom , My old Haunts ... <'TK>< :)

No worries tk, just didn't want him to think he had more time that he does.