PDA

View Full Version : Crappie on OH

agelesssone
10-08-2014, 08:27 AM
OK folks, I hardly ever fish OH so I don't know what the crappie are doing this time of year there.

Are they still around the docks? On brushpiles? Moved to the ledges?

Any input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

tacklemake
10-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Merv I see the boats working the brush piles again and some are jigging and some are using minnows in 10' to 15' of water. I was working the shallow water today with a TM catching bluegills but no crappie yet. The water temp this morning was 70.2 so it's coming down.............woody

hotwielen65
10-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Merv,
I've only been out a couple times in the last 6 weeks, this year has been tough (for me anyway). Last outing two weeks ago I put in at Cairo and found 6 nice crappie, after about two hours fishing, under one dock with brush in 8' FOW. That was it. A warden checking creek limits stopped me, after some chit chat he siad they were catching decent numbers in and below Drakes creek on brush piles with minnows.

Ray

hotwielen65
10-10-2014, 02:13 PM
With the rain, OH is going to be a mud puddle, I've been thinking about going below Cordell hull dam by the locks, I caught some nice crappie up there this past spring when OH was muddy. The water up there was slightly stained. In other words LEAVE OH CRAPPIE ALONE!!!!! :D

Ray

Fishaholic
10-12-2014, 11:19 PM
64 is my magic number for water temp for them to huddle up shallow so we got a little ways to go yet keep on the piles for now.