PDA

View Full Version : Trout Magnet colors?

RUGER
10-05-2014, 07:46 AM
I am going to pick me up some trout magnets today.

I will use them for trout when I can but moreso I will be using them for bream and shellcracker.

Any standout colors that I need to make sure I get or will just a big variety of them and pick the color of the day the best way to go ?

I have heard of them before coming here but have never fished them.

RUGER
10-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Wow, it's amazing what you can learn in 15 minutes watching youtube. :)

Got some more gear to pick up today too.

Alphahawk
10-05-2014, 08:35 AM
I am going to pick me up some trout magnets today.

I will use them for trout when I can but moreso I will be using them for bream and shellcracker.

Any standout colors that I need to make sure I get or will just a big variety of them and pick the color of the day the best way to go ?

I have heard of them before coming here but have never fished them.

First I need to give full disclosure...I am on Trout Magnet Pro-Staff. But I fish them because they catch fish. I still have to buy my product but I do get a discount. The darker colors tend to work better on Gills and shell crackers...Bison....black....Bull Dog.....brown. I always have white as it can work for everything. Pink.....chartreuse.....Purple Haze.....are good for trout.....along with the other colors I mentioned. You should have Purple Redemption and Millie.....they are great for Smallies and Kentucky's. Those colors should get you started.

Regards

RUGER
10-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Thank you sir. I appreciate it very much.

When I start yanking those fall / winter shellcrackers they will want me on their prostaff too. LOL

Soon as I figure out what I am doing you will have to come help me fill a cooler or three. :D

tacklemake
10-10-2014, 05:54 PM
I just started using them on gills, shell crackers,tilapia and anything else that will bite on OHL. I found the best color so far is the black with chart............woody

ThrillSeeker
10-29-2014, 01:28 PM
I placed my first order at 8am and got a tracking number before noon.

FYI, this is to supplement the panfish kit that I bought in addition to the Crappie Magnet 96 piece kit that i have.

Any tips or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I intend on trying a couple different methods to catch crappie.

1. Kentucky lake rig w/ 2 jig heads or 1 jig head and one hook. Bottom bouncing.

2. Fishing the 1/8 jig head under a float around boat docks.

3. Spider rigging w/ a tight line setup and a split shot a foot above the jig head.

Alphahawk
10-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Sounds like you have it covered. One thing I recommend you try if the crappie bite is slow is to switch to a TM head and body with a size B split shot above the TM......about 12-18 inches. Unlike most I cast and twitch for crappie.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNfisher
10-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Sounds like you have it covered. One thing I recommend you try if the crappie bite is slow is to switch to a TM head and body with a size B split shot above the TM......about 12-18 inches. Unlike most I cast and twitch for crappie.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also do well in the spring with this method.

Mike