PDA

View Full Version : JPP Report 10-2-14 <'TK><

tkwalker
10-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Well, I spent about 5 hours yesterday trolling for Crappie or any other scaly face that was swimming about and it was tough ! .. A little windy, water temp was 77 deg's.

My H-Bird Screen was lit up all this time with waves of bait fish ... I have never seen so many balls of bait fish ... Managed to catch one Yellow bass ...

Talked to Merv and he said about the same thing ... The fish are just swimming around with their mouths open scooping up the bait ... But it was good to get out and fish with a friend ... Anytime you are on the water is good ... <'TK><:)

timothy.collins92
10-03-2014, 12:11 PM
When I was there the other day just swarms of bait fish just under the surface, it was crazy

Alphahawk
10-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Good to hear you're back out fishing. It was tough fishing from the bank up there also yesterday and a kayaker I ran into didn't do well either. Hope to see some more fishing reports from you.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halli
10-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Same amount of shad on OH I need tae figure what to throw to compete with such schools.

Nice to hear you were out after such a while.

txnative
10-03-2014, 06:49 PM
I've had pretty good luck on surface-feeding bass on priest. A 1.5" shad body in white on a 1/8 oz jighead works well if I burn it on the surface. It usually gets plastered when it starts to create a wake, and that usually gets the school excited. I've had the best luck midday wherever fish are suspended 10' or less or are going thru bait balls.

I've also used a Zoom Tiny Fluke in baitfish color tied onto the rear hook of a popper on an 18-24 inch leader...the popping gets the attention and the tiny fluke seals the deal.

Chris Bryant

chongtoulor86
10-04-2014, 12:02 AM
Went last weekend launched out of hurricane creek boat launch,did some night fishing under the bridge of going toward long hunter did pretty good. Caught like 10 slabs n some yellow bass.. the fish are very deep had to fish about 24ft deep, fishing with live minnow with a slide bobber