PDA

View Full Version : Rome access area in Carthage.

thehick176
10-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Has anyone put in here? Just wondering how the ramp is and if the Crappie fishing is any count in the creek.

TroutFiend
10-02-2014, 01:03 PM
A buddy of mine and I have fished there a few times. We have done well catching gills on TM's. A few crappie being caught on crappie jigs around submerged trees. I have not caught many bass back in there though. We have always put in a 14 Jon and have not had any issues, but have always had a decent amount of water at those times. Cat fishing is good from the bank around the bride overpass and towards the river.

Andy

thehick176
10-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Thanks Andy. I have been below OHD the past few months catching Smallmouth. But with the cooler weather coming, I'm looking for new water to explore.

Still_learning
10-02-2014, 01:20 PM
The ramp is not bad. I don't think they have a dock. I've put my 18' bumble bee fish/ski in there and had no trouble. I haven't fished the creek at all - I've only fished the river from there.

thehick176
10-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Good deal, thanks. I know that river ramps can be pretty rough sometimes. I'm going to go down there soon if not this weekend.

JKTrevecca
10-02-2014, 09:09 PM
I've had my 16 foot deep v there several times with no problems.also been in my buddy's 21 foot carolina skiff dlv with no problems. Here is the deal.... the ramp is paved but the angle becomes more steep rapidly so just back it in SLOWLY and you'll be fine.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

thehick176
10-05-2014, 03:47 PM
Fished out of Carthage today starting out looking for Crappie. Didn't find any but found some good looking spots for later in the fall. We caught a bunch of small Spots and Largemouth on main river bluffs fishing jigs and crankbaits. Biggest of the morning was a 2.5 lb smallmouth.