PDA

View Full Version : Fate sanders panfish

bates19
10-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Hit fate sanders Rec area today from 6am to 12. Hiked down to under the weakley lane bridge. I just picked up trout magnets for the first time and today was the test run. What a game changer! First thing I found a ton of bream and shell cracker stacked right up against the rock bluffs. I caught over 20 fish the first hour or so. I hit a streak of 7 in a row. All fish were 7-8 inches, a ton of fun on ultralight with #2 line. For the first hour or 2 all the fish were hanging around 3-5 feet deep and I was fishing the TM mealworm color under a float. As the day progressed the fish were moving a little deeper and slowing down. All together I caught 43 fish, no big gills though. Thanks to Alpha for some pointers on fishing the TM. I'll never leave home without it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bates19
10-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Forgot to mention! While fishing I was facing away from the bridge, and all of a sudden I heard 2 big hits on the surface behind me. Turned around and it was literally raining fish! Someone was dumping all the scraps from fish they had filleted over the side of the bridge into the lake. Damn near gave me a heart attack!

Alphahawk
10-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Congrats on your catch.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
10-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Mealworm is my favorite color, congrats on the day. It's always fun to catch that many fish in an afternoon.

creekcrappie
10-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Nice! I have been waiting on them to show up this year!

creekcrappie
10-01-2014, 10:04 PM
And for the amount of swimmers to die down :D