PDA

View Full Version : About to get wading boots

timothy.collins92
09-30-2014, 10:56 PM
I am getting some neoprene stocking foot waders and so I am now looking at what boots to get, I am not sure what sole I should go for. I am definitely going to want to wade the Duck for trout, I think that is a rocky bottom. Probably the Stones as well, not sure if that is more rock or mud.

What would you guys suggest as a sole, that would do better in an all around way? I don't mind eventually getting both (I think there are only 2 lol) but for now am just looking at something to get me started.

Thanks a lot!

tcintn
10-01-2014, 09:14 AM
I am getting some neoprene stocking foot waders and so I am now looking at what boots to get, I am not sure what sole I should go for. I am definitely going to want to wade the Duck for trout, I think that is a rocky bottom. Probably the Stones as well, not sure if that is more rock or mud.

What would you guys suggest as a sole, that would do better in an all around way? I don't mind eventually getting both (I think there are only 2 lol) but for now am just looking at something to get me started.

Thanks a lot!
Timothy,
I wear Simms waders and Aquaz waders,Trout Magnet sells, when fishing the Caney. For wading boots I wear Chota with carbide studs and they are sold by Trout Magnet.The reason for studs is because I get in situations where the river bottom is slippery and at my age I want as much grip as I can get.
Concerning your rod and reel you mentioned in your other post; if you want to meet someday at the Caney I will bring both a 9' and 6 1/2' rod with reels that already are spooled with 2 lb SOS line and teach you how to use Trout Magnets.
Ed

timothy.collins92
10-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Ok, I am wanting to go with all around grip so studs sound like a good plan. I will definitely take you up on a trip to the Caney, been watching videos on trout magnets but they are no substitute for a physical teacher