PDA

View Full Version : Somebody please...

Fishaholic
09-28-2014, 09:30 PM
Catch these bass that are blowing up shad in almost every cove in Drakes Creek next to Sanders Ferry Rd. I am boatless right now and I have driven by them the last 4 days tried to catch some yesterday but they were out of casting range. There are some big boys too one came through the shad like freaking air jaws and was every bit of 6lbs easy 24 in fish

XxthejuicexX
09-28-2014, 09:41 PM
I wish I could help. I Don't like to drive all the way up to OH, usually don't catch enough fish to justify it.

Fishaholic
09-28-2014, 10:27 PM
it just drives me nuts because I have not seen one boat fishing the coves and there are literally dozens of fat bass gorging on these shad right now all up and down Sanders Ferry Rd

Reel Tune
09-29-2014, 12:28 AM
We had a tournament out of Station Camp Creek last week and the bait was there, but tough fishing.

doc70
09-29-2014, 09:23 AM
I have been out three times in the last week very close to drakes. the shad balls are everywhere and I have seen big blow ups, but have not had any bites. I have tried small shad cranks, big cranks, rattle traps, flukes on a shakey head, heck I even tried a couple of shad on a crappie rig. Its getting hard to justify burning thru 20 bucks in gas each trip just to get skunked.

Tennessee_fisherman
09-29-2014, 11:49 AM
I'm boat less too. I caught them on Zara spook. I make long cast. First thing in morning they'll be close to shore

tacklemake
09-29-2014, 03:57 PM
There not all bass busting them there are catfish,white & yellow bass, drum big & small, bluegills and sauger. The best lures so far are top water,spinners like white rooster tail, slider jigs, #5 shad rap, pop-R and some times lizards and worms. The best time to go is early in the morning and late evening. I'm on the water just about every day early in the morning till 11:00 after that nothing till late evening. I was out there this morning looking and caught one catfish and a 8lb drum on my 1/8oz feather spinner bait white and chartreuse. I'm going back out in the morning down around lock 3 ramp where I put in at....................woody

Travis C.
09-29-2014, 04:09 PM
I have been out three times in the last week very close to drakes. the shad balls are everywhere and I have seen big blow ups, but have not had any bites. I have tried small shad cranks, big cranks, rattle traps, flukes on a shakey head, heck I even tried a couple of shad on a crappie rig. Its getting hard to justify burning thru 20 bucks in gas each trip just to get skunked.

A strange rig that I catch them on when they are doing this is a round or popping style float (not stick style) and a lil George spinner. The weight of the float and tail spinner can be cast a long way and basically all the float does is keep the spinner a particular depth which is generally shallow. Chuck it and then rip it back with intermediate pauses. The spinner spins as it rises and falls which the flash I think helps.

Halli
09-29-2014, 06:08 PM
I chased those shad balls Sunday and could not find the correct bait
left Drakes to hit my bluffs and they too had bucoo bait but nothing hitting
I did get a couple little guys with pig&jig deep and a couple small brim on TM.

agelesssone
09-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Beaucoup.......
Beaucoup - Merriam-Webster Online (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDcQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.merriam-webster.com%2Fdictionary%2Fbeaucoup&ei=lPwpVNv0MvL_sATlu4LoDA&usg=AFQjCNHnh6X0Tt5mfwL_yWsECUGDZXZa1g&sig2=byYNI_kIylqifOyNpBqgHA&bvm=bv.76247554,d.cWc)

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/)beaucoupMerriam‑Webster

great in quantity or amount : many, much <spent beaucoup dollars>. Examples of BEAUCOUP. <we were able to make beaucoup bucks working overtime at the ...

From an old Vietnam vet.....

SAMBOLIE
09-29-2014, 08:09 PM
shit·load
ˈSHitˌlōd/
nounvulgar slang

noun: shit-load

a large amount or number.
"I have a shitload of work to do this week"

From an old red neck.

XxthejuicexX
09-29-2014, 08:13 PM
shit·load
ˈSHitˌlōd/
nounvulgar slang

"I have a shitload of work to do this week"

From an old red neck.

I laughed so hard, wife looked over and asked what is so funny???

Halli
09-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Ok Papasan, I ain't French I'm Tennessean but I am a brat of a 37 years career vet whom was 101st/501st (e7) during that time. :D

Halli
09-29-2014, 08:18 PM
shit·load
ˈSHitˌlōd/
nounvulgar slang

"There was a shitload of shad out there"

From an old red neck.