PDA

View Full Version : Caney last night 9/27

Travis C.
09-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Arrived about midnight and fished til about 8:30 am.

Caught quite a few fish between 12-3:30 then the bite slowed dramatically for me. Most all were stocker size in rainbow, brook and brown. A bow and a brook had some fall colors starting the show. The rainbow was real pretty with dark green back and darker shades of pink.

They were caught on a variety of things. Had one bow grab a rogue and his mouth was just barely big enough to get the treble. The bait was longer than him!

Also had a bonus walleye. A small one.

Attached is the biggest.... Haha of the night.

Travis C.
09-28-2014, 12:46 PM
The highlight of the night for me was a nice riverside nap by fire. I had been up since 6am on saturday so a lil nap seemed fitting while the fish bite was slowing down.

thehick176
09-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Sounds like you spent the night in heaven if you ask me!

TroutFiend
09-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Looks like I may have just missed you last night Travis I left around midnight. Caught about 45 in four hours all Brooks and one rainbow and one small walleye.
I think I could have caught some more but there were two guys in a canoe scouring the bottom with a spotlight for some reason...

Glad you got on some fish!

Pinwheeled
09-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Wish I had know that was you, Travis. That was me launching my kayak a little before 5 this morning. It was good to meet you. Just hope I didn't interrupt your nap. Sorry if I wasn't more talkative but I'm usually a little leery of folks at boat ramps in the dark.

I ended up catching 30 or so in four hours. Mostly brooks and rainbows with a couple browns mixed in. Also caught a bonus small striper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis C.
09-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Looks like I may have just missed you last night Travis I left around midnight. Caught about 45 in four hours all Brooks and one rainbow and one small walleye.
I think I could have caught some more but there were two guys in a canoe scouring the bottom with a spotlight for some reason...

Glad you got on some fish!

If you had your jon boat then i may have passed you leaving as i was coming in. Blue kayak was on my explorer and probly scooting along pretty good.

Travis C.
09-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Wish I had know that was you, Travis. That was me launching my kayak a little before 5 this morning. It was good to meet you. Just hope I didn't interrupt your nap. Sorry if I wasn't more talkative but I'm usually a little leery of folks at boat ramps in the dark.

I ended up catching 30 or so in four hours. Mostly brooks and rainbows with a couple browns mixed in. Also caught a bonus small striper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah better safe than sorry in places like that a night. It was good meeting you too. Next time i will have to launch back out and fish some with you.

You didn't interrupt my nap. It was just getting started good then. LoL.

Numbers could have been higher for me had i stuck with the trout mags. I wanted to catch some better fish so i was switching it up.

Travis C.
09-28-2014, 07:07 PM
Sounds like you spent the night in heaven if you ask me!

I agree with you on that.

I always carry fire starting and tender items with me on the water. Its saved me on cold nights numerous times as well as made nights more enjoyable.

Alphahawk
09-28-2014, 07:45 PM
Sounds like a good fishing trip to me.

Regards

RUGER
10-03-2014, 05:09 AM
I made my first trip to the Caney a few weeks ago.
Been back one other time since then.

The first chance I get I will be back with only my flyrod.

Beautiful BEAUTIFUL place !
I am jealous of those that live close to there.

jad2t
10-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Hey go fill out your TARP info for that Brookie!