PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed .... <'TK><

tkwalker
09-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Well, today I ventured to Bowling Green, KY for the pre Grand Opening of the new Cabela's Out Post which was offered to Visa Club members. Now the out post is only 42,000 sq. ft. opposed to the normal store of 84,000 sq. ft. Which I have been to three)

I have been doing 99% of my business with Cabela's via Mail order for over 20 + years ... And I am sure I will continue ...

But here is what was so disappointing to me ... Academy Sports had two times or more selection of items than the Out Post ... And For Sure Bass Pro has the Out Post beat hands down ... As far as the fishing paraphernalia It would be about like Dicks or Walmart ... There are other examples ... My wife wanted a Rain suit ... Cabela's Out Post carried only one and it was camoed. Needless to say the wife was also disappointed. (They list over 12 on line) The same way with a warm winter coat for Her ... Minimal selection in the store ... Also noticed that the $$ was higher in the store than on line ???

If you notice on the Cabela's official web site ... That they do or will have soon stores 360 deg's around Tennessee ... The closest big Cabela's store to us is Louisville, KY ... Don't know why they are not coming in to Tennessee "The Great Lakes Of the South" ... But when they do they better have their Big Boy Britches On !!

Now like I said before, I like Cabela's But I won't be going back to Bowling Green anytime soon ... <'TK><

Halli
09-24-2014, 06:08 PM
What a bummer I was hoping it would be a top place being across from Gander and did not realize it was an outpost.

I have had to stay inside at Mid Tenn because our Heavy Truck parts guy quit so I've not called on any accounts there BG) for 3 weeks and it looks like I ain't missing anything, cept I really need a sale on an ultra-lite rod.

TNBronzeback
09-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Thats a bummer for sure! Im a huge fan of cabelas.....whenever i order anthing fishing related online or thru a catalog 99% of the time its from cabelas.
I wonder why they went that route instead of a full store in the middle TN area. I had high hopes for that location. Lol.

Alphahawk
09-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Disappointed to hear this. Thanks for the heads up.

Regards

Buccaneer
09-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Should have zoomed over to Gander Mountain, they have good fishing rain gear and a pretty good selection in their fishing department.

jaysouth
09-25-2014, 10:34 AM
A part of me is glad that they stayed out of Tennessee. I would hate to start paying sales tax on my monthly orders there.

I drove past the place a couple of times before they opened. It appeared to be about the same size as a Dicks.

Tnriverluver
09-25-2014, 04:00 PM
A part of me is glad that they stayed out of Tennessee. I would hate to start paying sales tax on my monthly orders there.

I drove past the place a couple of times before they opened. It appeared to be about the same size as a Dicks.

x2 If they build in Tenn that will do away with one of my reasons for shopping with them. With my Cabelas Visa currently I am able to save quite a bit versus shopping elsewhere.

bfish
09-25-2014, 07:28 PM
The "Chattanooga" store is just 1/2 mile over the state line.

CrappieMan
09-26-2014, 10:42 PM
They are currently building one in Bristol, Va right on the state line. Our bass pro has been open a couple months now and cabelas should open by next fall? It's pretty neat to see 2 big outfits build in your home town... Bass pro is in Bristol, tn and cabelas will be in Bristol, va. Pretty neat... The cabelas is supposed to be a good size one I hope it's bigger than the one you described

ditz1
09-27-2014, 06:15 PM
I have been a Cabelas customer since the late 60's. back when their catalogue was black and white and much much smaller than today. A few months ago I put together an order and the shipping was over 30% of the final price. I did not finish the order and I emailed them and asked them to take me off their mailing list. I am no longer a customer.

Halli
01-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Well around (Before) Christmas I was in the market for new depth finders
as the old school Hummingbird 3D just never made me happy.

I started to call and buy several possibilities posted here at FishingTN.com but found (while doing price comparisons) Cabela's to be offering an Elite 5x HDI with transducer for $199.00
No shipping as part of Christmas sales and if sent to home rather than picked up no sales tax (Ky to Tn).
Wow nice price for a NEW unit but it had one stipulation.... Had to wait for it on backorder and now it has shown up today!

Gps would be nice but I just could not pass this as a new unit so this one will go up on Trolling motor and will get a GPS one for drivers seat later.

TNBronzeback
01-12-2015, 09:05 PM
Thats a pretty sweet deal! cheapest by far ive seen and i have been keeping my eyes on that unit for a little while.

XxthejuicexX
01-12-2015, 10:18 PM
That's when I got mine for the kayak. I was going to just buy the transducer and use the elite 7 head on both kayak and boat but it's 170.00 ish so I just went with the whole unite for 200 bucks like you. Great unit for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNtroller
01-13-2015, 06:06 AM
does this Elite 5 have 2d as well as the DS ?

gboyce
01-13-2015, 07:06 AM
I bought the H2O express rain suit this year from academy and I love it. I got the black one one that is a bit heavier and have not gotten wet or cold at all this winter wearing it so far. Thats even running 65 mph in my boat and still warm as can be

XxthejuicexX
01-13-2015, 09:14 AM
does this Elite 5 have 2d as well as the DS ?

Yes

it's the elite 5X HDI

Headhunter
01-13-2015, 09:54 AM
The Louisville cabelas is really no better. Basically a gander mountain with somewhat of limited supply. I was depressed by the Louisville store, so for sure no reason to go to bowling green.

Pookie
01-13-2015, 05:22 PM
If BPS and mack's prairie wings ( www.mackspw.com ) don't have it, I don't need it.