PDA

View Full Version : Where to Fish a Frog on OH?

Adrian
09-24-2014, 11:55 AM
My wife wants to fish her Frog, any suggestions of a Hot Spot on Old Hickory? I don't normally run into lily pads or mossy areas where I go...

Pookie
09-24-2014, 02:19 PM
My wife wants to fish her Frog, any suggestions of a Hot Spot on Old Hickory? I don't normally run into lily pads or mossy areas where I go...

...and you won't find any OHL either.

jad2t
09-24-2014, 02:27 PM
No lilypads or moss but I know a guy in our fleet of kayak anglers that does VERY well on that lake using topwater frogs. You don't necessarily need lilys, just throw to heavy cover like laydowns, stumps, etc.

MNfisher
09-24-2014, 03:02 PM
I caught a 14" along some wood in station camp last night on a frog.

Mike

CreekWalker
09-24-2014, 03:32 PM
I caught a 14" along some wood in station camp last night on a frog.

Mike

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Travis C.
09-24-2014, 04:38 PM

I don't know about any hot spots right now but Drakes has a bunch of grass on the banks in it.

They will work around docks too grass or no grass. Also any places where limbs over hang the banks. IF the frog is dark colored it can be taken for mice, ground squirrels and even small birds.

MNfisher
09-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Haha, it's on my camera.

Mike

CreekWalker
09-25-2014, 12:15 PM
I don't know about any hot spots right now but Drakes has a bunch of grass on the banks in it.

They will work around docks too grass or no grass. Also any places where limbs over hang the banks. IF the frog is dark colored it can be taken for mice, ground squirrels and even small birds.

I've been on Center Hill a few times when it is really hot out and have wore out all 3 bass species throwing a frog - just tossed it out towards the bank but many bites would happen out in open, deep water - a few right at the boat in 70' of water.

This summer I was on the Caney and saw a nasty little bat fell in the water right next to my drift during generation. For about a mile from the steps to maybe the first bend that dude fluttered around on the surface making all kinds of riffles - I can't tell you how disappointed I was that a big ol' brown didn't blow up on it!

Adrian
09-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Wanna find me a spot like this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oOG55ZMyos

I guess I'm just wishful thinking )

Dakota
09-25-2014, 01:10 PM
Cedar creek has a lot of grass. I Fish a live target frog quite a bit there with pretty good luck. It should get a lot better in a few weeks or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2atmsu
09-25-2014, 08:17 PM
What type of grass is that in Cedar Creek?