PDA

View Full Version : Searching for Bass Fishing Partner

jprism
09-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Hi, I am a married male, 68 year old, semi retired software engineer who owns a 20ft Stratos Bass boat and loves to bass fish. From 1997-2003, I fished 2-3 times a week from a Javlin 17, then sold the boat and took up motorcycle riding from 2003-2014. Today, after touring all 49 states including Alaska by motorcycle I sold the bike and purchased the Stratos to again go fishing. Although I am a Nashville native with a wife, sons and friends none of them have any interest in fishing.

So, who I am looking for is a male bass fishing partner (50+ years old) with an interest in bass fishing. I normally fish on Wed-Sat-Sun on Old Hickory and Percy Priest with occasional trips to lakes in the middle Tennessee area. I will supply the boat and truck but expect you to have your own fishing gear and chip in on gas. If you think you may have interest in bass fishing with me, send me a PM and let’s talk.

Jim

XxthejuicexX
09-24-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm to young for you.

jprism
09-24-2014, 01:05 PM
I'm to young for you.

Sorry but looking for someone retired and around my age.

Jim

Pookie
09-24-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm to young for you.

May I suggest backpage.com or Craigslist? :D

XxthejuicexX
09-24-2014, 02:15 PM
May I suggest backpage.com or Craigslist? :D

They were not looking for a fishing partner.

ThrillSeeker
09-24-2014, 08:27 PM
They were not looking for a fishing partner.

LOL!!!

It's funny that you tell the story about selling the boat to get a bike and then getting rid of the bike to get a boat. My story is similar....except now, after trading my bike for a bass boat, I now want a center console.

Anyway..............

*Just my 2 cents* but I wouldn't discriminate on a fishing buddy based on age (or anything else for that matter).

I met one of my closest buddies in the world (Bubba) about 10 years ago on a fishing website, and we have had each other's backs through thick and thin....despite cultural, religion, racial, political, age, and vehicle differences (I'm a chevy man btw). I posted a pic of my boat on the website, and we just so happened to run into each other one day at the boat ramp and have been friends ever since.

Another fishing buddy I met in a bass club is completely different than the buddy I described above. This guy has about 30 years on me in age and an even more broad difference in our backgrounds.....AND he is a Michigan Wolverines fan (ewwwwww..............).. He and I had hands down some of the best bass fishing trips I have ever had on Old Hickory and Percy Priest.

At the end of the day, we left all that other stuff at the ramp and focused on fishing, having a good time, tellin lies, and escaping from the world for a few hours.

But that way of thinking aint for everybody.

*end two cents*

FloatNFish
09-24-2014, 08:38 PM
...and he is a michigan wolverines fan (ewwwwww..............).

x2

TNBronzeback
09-24-2014, 09:04 PM
AND he is a Michigan Wolverines fan (ewwwwww..............)[/QUOTE]
Lol.....hey now!!!! No need to be knocking my wolverines now! Lol

XxthejuicexX
09-24-2014, 09:12 PM
AND he is a Michigan Wolverines fan (ewwwwww..............)
Lol.....hey now!!!! No need to be knocking my wolverines now! Lol[/QUOTE]

SEC!!!!!!!!

jprism
09-25-2014, 06:01 AM
ThrillSeaker next time before I post something I will ask your opinion. Just like my old motorcycle forum you post something and after about 4 replies your post gets hijacked.

ThrillSeeker
09-25-2014, 09:17 AM
ThrillSeaker next time before I post something I will ask your opinion. Just like my old motorcycle forum you post something and after about 4 replies your post gets hijacked.

Last I checked, people could comment in any thread that they wanted to.

And maybe your attitude is the reason why no one wants to fish with you.

JeffsLowe
09-25-2014, 04:24 PM
I can relate to the OP, because I moved to Mt Juliet in 2012, am retired, and was looking for a fishing partner. I bought a boat, and shortly thereafter met my buddy Otto. Helped me learn to troll for crappie on Priest, and knows where all the good spots are. Just like me can troll for hours on end without ever getting bored, regardless of weather, and always remembers where the best spots are too. Whenever I'm ready to head out, or takeout, so is Otto. We never argue, and he never gets hung up or has to borrow equipment.

Yup, good old Mr. Otto Pilot - the perfect fishin buddy. :)

Halli
09-25-2014, 06:18 PM
So back on Topic:

Jim it's still early (post wise) and we are currently in a season change but this fall I would love to get out and work some bluffs on OHL.

Cheers and hope to see you around here or on the water.

Regards, Ken

MNfisher
09-25-2014, 07:27 PM
Ha!.....Otto...haha

Mike

Reel Tune
09-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Hey guys, lets keep this on topic.

This man is looking for another man preferably over 50 years or preferably retired. Marital status doesn't matter. He has a boat and would like to learn the local waters, he is new to the area so that is why he has come here to possibly find another man that has the same interests. He has his own boat and transportation, but would like help on gas, a snack and sammich would also be a nice gesture. Please bring your own equipment, and make sure it is in working order. If you are interested please PM jprsm.

It is difficult being new to an area, I know the feeling. I was always the new guy, so someone please help this man out.

jprism
09-26-2014, 06:36 AM
Hate to say it but I have lived here all my life. Fished here for 7 years...just hate fishing by myself all the time...learn more when fishing with a partner.
But thanks for the plug. I now have 3 people that want to fish with me :)

Reel Tune
09-26-2014, 11:03 PM
That's great. I guess not everyone is as fortunate as I.