PDA

View Full Version : pick wick

fishon
09-22-2014, 06:03 PM
any word on trolling below the damn there

Alphahawk
09-22-2014, 06:47 PM
any word on trolling below the damn there

Not a lot of trolling below the dam....can be too much boat traffic at times. Most people cast for stripers below the dam...if that is the fish specie you are talking about. But most people are casting for other specie too. I am not saying you will never see someone trolling below the dam but it is not common. I am speaking of the area from the TVA boat ramp up to the dam.

Regards

fishon
09-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Not a lot of trolling below the dam....can be too much boat traffic at times. Most people cast for stripers below the dam...if that is the fish specie you are talking about. But most people are casting for other specie too. I am not saying you will never see someone trolling below the dam but it is not common. I am speaking of the area from the TVA boat ramp up to the dam.

Regards
we use to troll from the long wall down a good ways wpu;d always catch sauger smallies and stripe but been a few years since we have been there and done that.just got another boat a couple months ago and been wanting to go over there agive it a try thanks for the info .

Alphahawk
09-23-2014, 07:54 PM
we use to troll from the long wall down a good ways wpu;d always catch sauger smallies and stripe but been a few years since we have been there and done that.just got another boat a couple months ago and been wanting to go over there agive it a try thanks for the info .

You will see sometimes a boat that is trolling one rod but I have never seen anyone troll with planer boards and out riggers down there. You see a few people toss a live bluegill out and drift down a ways trying to catch striper.....I guess you could call that trolling. When I think of trolling I think of quite a few rods put out. You should go and give it a try. It is not too crowded throughout the week but it can be a mess below that dam on the weekend. The fishing is about to get hot down there. Stripers should start running anytime now.

Regards

fishon
09-24-2014, 06:24 AM
You will see sometimes a boat that is trolling one rod but I have never seen anyone troll with planer boards and out riggers down there. You see a few people toss a live bluegill out and drift down a ways trying to catch striper.....I guess you could call that trolling. When I think of trolling I think of quite a few rods put out. You should go and give it a try. It is not too crowded throughout the week but it can be a mess below that dam on the weekend. The fishing is about to get hot down there. Stripers should start running anytime now.

Regards

thats what i meant we use a #6 CRANK BAIT NORMANS LURE IM JUST glad to be back fishing.the wife and i have been doing well on gills and shellcreacker at a local lake here laurel hill lake so ready to head over to pickwick soon

Alphahawk
09-24-2014, 06:56 AM
thats what i meant we use a #6 CRANK BAIT NORMANS LURE IM JUST glad to be back fishing.the wife and i have been doing well on gills and shellcreacker at a local lake here laurel hill lake so ready to head over to pickwick soon

Go to love Laurel Hill. I'm taking kayak there today. Hope I can get into them.

Regards

Tnriverluver
09-24-2014, 02:45 PM
There are a few guides that troll below the dam almost daily pulling DEEP running crankbaits that do very well catching big stripers, LM, and SM bass. They troll from the tailwaters almost down to Diamond Island and back depending where the fish are.