PDA

View Full Version : Bad news...good news.

Alphahawk
09-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Went to Pickwick today hoping to get some whites....stripers.....bass...Gills...Smallies. Didn't get any of those. The good news is the crappie have shown up early...the bad news I didn't catch anything I went after. I did hook and land a drum over 25 inches on 2# test SOS line! That was quite a battle. I went over to a place that I thought I could at least catch some yellow bass. As I was casting out and counting down to the depth I was trying as I started my retrieve it felt like I was dragging the Trout Magnet over a rock. But I knew there couldn't be a rock that shallow. I was only 10 feet deep in 20 feet of water. I did that a couple of times and then I started my retrieve at about 6 foot of depth. Then I knew as soon as I had the hook up. Crappie were stacked in the spot that they usually don't show up at until December. While not big crappie they were all legal 11 inch fish. All of them looked like clones. I caught over 30 of them before I called it a day. While it was fun there wasn't too much fight in them today. Next time I need to take a cooler down with me.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
09-22-2014, 06:13 PM
even though you did not catch what you were going after that still sounds like a fun day.

Alphahawk
09-22-2014, 06:48 PM
even though you did not catch what you were going after that still sounds like a fun day.

Yeah it was a lot of fun. A nice fall day sitting on the river bank by myself...a pretty good day.

Regards

MNfisher
09-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Wish I didn't have to work and could join you.

Mike

agelesssone
09-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Sounds like a pretty good day to me....especially under bluebird skies.

jad2t
09-23-2014, 07:53 AM
I bet that drum gave you a rush though. One time I caught a drum a bit over 20" on a trout magnet. You just never know what you'll catch on those things! Sounds like we'll be seeing pics of Crappie in the sink from you shortly!

ttitan27
09-23-2014, 07:58 AM
Nice looking crappie. Congrats!

GO-OKFISHIN
09-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Nice job. Beautiful day to be out.

Alphahawk
09-23-2014, 06:30 PM
I bet that drum gave you a rush though. One time I caught a drum a bit over 20" on a trout magnet. You just never know what you'll catch on those things! Sounds like we'll be seeing pics of Crappie in the sink from you shortly!

Thanks guys. Yeah it was a nice day. Yeah Jimmy that drum almost spooled me. I was using my Daiwa Luvias and it has a shallow spool. Just for a few seconds you think you have a trophy Smallie on and then it hits as to what it is...yet still want to get in it in.

Regards

Heiny57
09-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Looked like fun.

TNtroller
09-23-2014, 08:48 PM
Sometimes disappointment is not so bad eh??