PDA

View Full Version : Loch Two Park??

birdman42033
09-22-2014, 09:45 AM
Hey new to the board and have done a ton of fishing from Nelly's bend to the dam on the Cumberland. Have yet to fish the loch two and Opryland area. Any tips on smallmout and largemouth population in the area? Is it a safe area to launch?

Thanks for the input!!!
Adam

SalmonDaze
09-22-2014, 11:43 AM
Hey new to the board and have done a ton of fishing from Nelly's bend to the dam on the Cumberland. Have yet to fish the loch two and Opryland area. Any tips on smallmout and largemouth population in the area? Is it a safe area to launch?

Thanks for the input!!!
Adam

Last time we launched at the lock 2 ramp a month ago we dropped the trailer of our 14' jon boat off the edge of the concrete. We won't be going back . . . lucky to have been able to gently pull the trailer out without breaking anything.

We launched straight back . . . not cockeyed or otherwise fouled up. Small trailer; we were using a 2WD truck, so were not backed down far at all.

The ramp looks OK, but use at your own risk.

birdman42033
09-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Last time we launched at the lock 2 ramp a month ago we dropped the trailer of our 14' jon boat off the edge of the concrete. We won't be going back . . . lucky to have been able to gently pull the trailer out without breaking anything.

We launched straight back . . . not cockeyed or otherwise fouled up. Small trailer; we were using a 2WD truck, so were not backed down far at all.

The ramp looks OK, but use at your own risk.

Thanks man. I guess I will put in at Nelly's bend and trying just running down that way. I have a 21 foot boat so that sounds like the ramp would be trouble fo r me.