PDA

View Full Version : last couple days

XxthejuicexX
09-21-2014, 09:18 PM
I got out a couple times over the last two days. Yesterday was better than today. I got trapped under the bridge for a little while today while it dumped rain on me while waiting for Jimmy I did catch a nice fish while staying dry off the D bomb. Yesterday the frog bite was pretty good, today not so much. We caught one with only a couple of blow ups. I lost a good fish in the grass on 20lb flouroclear because I was afraid to hoss it out. Switched to braid and broke another good fish off, 50lb braid, bad knot! I had to apologize to Jimmy for the Harsh language that followed..... but it could have been worse though. I also finally killed off my Phat Frog, time for a new one. I think Jimmy is the new Sambolie...... Last two times out with him the fish have seemed to disappear:confused:

Alphahawk
09-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Nice looking fish.

Regards

TNBronzeback
09-21-2014, 10:48 PM
Nice fish!
Looks like ya got a little hole in your net though! Lol

FloatNFish
09-22-2014, 12:48 AM
Some good looking fish there!

Alex

tacklemake
09-22-2014, 02:57 AM
Great looking bass thank you for the report and pic's................woody

jad2t
09-22-2014, 06:09 AM
We'll see what happens when we float the Caney. If we both have bad luck there too then I'll know for sure SAMBOLIE's curse has rubbed off on me and I'll no longer invite anyone fishing with me. I'd hate to be the cause of other's bad fishing days!

XxthejuicexX
09-22-2014, 07:58 AM
We'll see what happens when we float the Caney. If we both have bad luck there too then I'll know for sure SAMBOLIE's curse has rubbed off on me and I'll no longer invite anyone fishing with me. I'd hate to be the cause of other's bad fishing days!

Maybe if we invite Sambolie the curse will backfire and we will have an amazing day. The other thought is that when you put two skilled anglers like us together the fish get so scared that they are afraid to eat anything...... :confused:

MNfisher
09-22-2014, 09:07 AM
The other thought is that when you put to skilled anglers like us together the fish get so scared that they are afraid to eat anything...... :confused:

Yeah....that's not it.

Mike

jad2t
09-22-2014, 11:49 AM
I'm pretty sure I'm going to die of chigger bites thanks to not being forewarned about the walk through the woods. I'm covered up to my calves on both legs. I'm going to have to apply hydrocortisone like sunscreen!

TNBronzeback
09-22-2014, 12:21 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going to die of chigger bites thanks to not being forewarned about the walk through the woods. I'm covered up to my calves on both legs. I'm going to have to apply hydrocortisone like sunscreen!

Arent those things awesome! Lol
Keeps me out of the deer stand till consistent cool temps. Those things are miserable for an extended amount of time!

MNfisher
09-22-2014, 01:05 PM

Oh come on Jimmy! I've been through those woods about a half dozen times in the last few months...no chiggers for me! Haha

Mike

jaycee
09-22-2014, 01:25 PM
DEET will keep them off. After they on lather thick with Lave soap to get them off your skin. People used to use home base lye soap but Lava will work. The chigger stays on and bite gets worse for several days. You won't die will wish you would.

jaycee
09-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Should be Lava soap.
And home made lye soap. Gosh I am old.