PDA

View Full Version : KY lake fishing???

XxthejuicexX
09-18-2014, 09:10 AM
I work with a guy who has a lake house on KY lake in Camden. He does not fish that much and wants to learn to bass fish. I know they have grass in the lake where the house is and after looking at it with my navionics app I think I have found some places to fish but I wanted to ask if anyone has experience fishing that stretch of the lake by Camden. I am sure he would be fine with crappie to if I could but him on some of those.

Pookie
09-18-2014, 01:55 PM
I work with a guy who has a lake house on KY lake in Camden. He does not fish that much and wants to learn to bass fish. I know they have grass in the lake where the house is and after looking at it with my navionics app I think I have found some places to fish but I wanted to ask if anyone has experience fishing that stretch of the lake by Camden. I am sure he would be fine with crappie to if I could but him on some of those.

In February, when they drain the duck blinds, you can fish anywhere around the pumping station and catch crappie. It's muddy, but it's warm and something they like comes out there. Other than that, Ky lake is slam full of buck brush, stick-ups and .... crappie. Find a tree that is blown into the water, and you will catch fish.

XxthejuicexX
09-18-2014, 02:09 PM
In February, when they drain the duck blinds, you can fish anywhere around the pumping station and catch crappie. It's muddy, but it's warm and something they like comes out there. Other than that, Ky lake is slam full of buck brush, stick-ups and .... crappie. Find a tree that is blown into the water, and you will catch fish.

Thanks Pookie! I will definitely keep an eye open while we are out there fishing. I will keep some crappie magnets in the boat.

Alphahawk
09-18-2014, 03:07 PM
When you are through catching crappie plan on going back in the spring for some of the best bluegill fishing around. KY Lake is full of big 9 inch Gills.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX
09-18-2014, 03:41 PM
All of this that you guys are talking about is around Camden TN right? Not up in Kentucky.....

Alphahawk
09-18-2014, 03:58 PM
All of this that you guys are talking about is around Camden TN right? Not up in Kentucky.....

LOL......yeah juice. KY Lake starts just above the Mississippi line. Most of KY Lake is in TN. It is one of the best crappie lakes in the states and I would rather fish it for bluegill than Reel Foot.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
09-18-2014, 04:00 PM
LOL......yeah juice. KY Lake starts just above the Mississippi line. Most of KY Lake is in TN. It is one of the best crappie lakes in the states and I would rather fish it for bluegill than Reel Foot.

Regards

Just wanted to make sure :o

Travis C.
09-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Since its around Camden, I'd be fishing New Johnsonville steam plant area in the winter.

Fishbus
09-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Better hurry though. Four of ten units are already idled, with the rest coming offline by 2017 or sooner.

http://www.tva.com/sites/johnsonville.htm

Since its around Camden, I'd be fishing New Johnsonville steam plant area in the winter.

Travis C.
09-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Better hurry though. Four of ten units are already idled, with the rest coming offline by 2017 or sooner.

http://www.tva.com/sites/johnsonville.htm

I had remembered hearing something about it being shut down.

Do you happen to know if they are on schedule with the construction at GSP or will it still be a couple years before re-opening the canal?

Fishbus
09-18-2014, 05:08 PM
"As a safety precaution for the public and construction workers, TVA will temporarily suspend public access to the discharge channel. The channel will be closed to fishing and other activities no later than Nov. 4, and access will remain restricted until the project is completed in early 2016."

Looks like it will be awhile. Not sure about how well they are maintaining the schedule. But Watts Bar Unit 2 is $2B over budget and 2 years behind, if that's an indicator...

Billy

Do you happen to know if they are on schedule with the construction at GSP or will it still be a couple years before re-opening the canal?

TNBronzeback
09-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Im sure the improvements to the steamplants are for the better, but since they messed with kingston (insert happy gilmore fart noise). Just hasnt been the same.
Man there were some great nights to be had at that place.