PDA

View Full Version : Fall Creek Falls Scouting Trip

Alphahawk
09-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Spent the day doing homework for this coming spring. Girl friend and I took off for Fall Creek Falls State Park Lake today. I took a fishing rod but didn't spend a lot of time fishing. Did catch 4 bass like in the pic....12-13 inch fish but a lot of fun caught on a chartreuse TM using 2# test line. I was scouting out beds for Gills come spring time. No way I could describe the number of beds in that lake...and I only covered a small portion of it. The exciting part is the beds that are in deep water in the middle of the lake where no one would think beds are at. Beds in 8-9 feet of water are considered deep....but I found beds in 12-15 feet of water! That is not common and you can bet the Gills that bed there are trophy size.....99 percent of the time. Cant wait to get back there in spring. It was a great day to be on the water.

Regards

MNfisher
09-14-2014, 07:56 PM
Can't wait to see what I....I mean you, catch off of them!!

Mike

Alphahawk
09-14-2014, 08:22 PM
Can't wait to see what I....I mean you, catch off of them!!

Mike

Hey...somebody has to go with me. The place to launch is not conducive for me to do it alone. Since no personal boats are allowed there is not really a boat ramp. It is a narrow version of what was a boat ramp many years ago.

Regards

MNfisher
09-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Hey...somebody has to go with me. The place to launch is not conducive for me to do it alone. Since no personal boats are allowed there is not really a boat ramp. It is a narrow version of what was a boat ramp many years ago.

Regards

Sounds like a plan!

Mike

ditz1
09-15-2014, 09:52 AM
No personal boats....does that mean no yaks?......

Alphahawk
09-15-2014, 10:03 AM
No personal boats....does that mean no yaks?......

Yaks and canoes OK.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphahawk
09-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Here's my take on that lake and why it is full of trophy Gills. When one rents a park boat he may put a trolling motor on it but I doubt if any at all carry a si unit around to mount on those boats. Of course anyone with a si unit can find those beds. But I have to believe very few......if anyone.....knows about those beds. They are just not located where one would expect bluegill beds to be.....out in the middle.....I'm pumped about finding those.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk