PDA

View Full Version : Kayak Access Points

CRobinson1985
09-10-2014, 09:39 PM
I took a new job over the summer and now I have the weekends off. Which is good for more time on the water but now means I have to deal with the crowd of boaters on the ramps and we all know how that can go from time to time. I was wandering if any of the plastic navy members had recommendations for access points or put ins on Priest that weren't on or near a boat ramp? I launch out of seven points/viverett creek frequently but make sure I am in and out early before the crowd gets going.

I hope to start yaking the Stones and local skinny water more in the near future so any advice for it would be great as well.

Thanks

Adough
09-11-2014, 08:51 AM
I'd look for the public beaches. Should have no problem finding those and, they'll be less and less people in the area as fall progresses.

jad2t
09-11-2014, 09:14 AM
At Smith Springs you can park and walk across the grass dragging your yak and gear to the water. Hamilton Springs doesn't get quite as much traffic as some of the more popular ramps. Fate Sanders is a madhouse any day of the week but rather than launch at the ramp, look to the left of it. Plenty of open area to drag your yak and gear to the water. I did that several times in the spring and then would head to a hotspot for Crappie.

If you need the ramp, use it by all means. We own them just as much as the bass boaters do.

jaycee
09-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Try Fall Creek off 840. For the river, try Mona ramp or West Fork.

jaycee
09-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Fall Creek is close by water to confluence of Spring Creek, Fall Creek and the Stones River.

Then there is the ramp Creekcrappie fishes, Lamar Hill.

Pinwheeled
09-11-2014, 06:11 PM
Try the Hamilton Creek sailboat marina. Really quiet ramp and the folks over there have always been friendly. That area is full of good spots within a short paddle too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakota
09-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Does Hamilton Creek have a dock at the boat ramp

SAMBOLIE
09-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Does Hamilton Creek have a dock at the boat ramp

No.