PDA

View Full Version : Carthage today

TNBronzeback
09-01-2014, 08:15 PM
I fished the Purity chocolate milk plant today......i mean carthage near the caney. HA!
Whew! That water was UGLY!!!!!
Seen the same few boats i have seen the past few weeks run up the caney for about 100 yards, stop, get on thier cell phones for a few minutes then leave! Lol.
Had a few boils and blow ups on artificials this morning but no hook ups.
Had about a 3 ft gar eye balling my bait pretty hard though. I would twitch it and he would nibble on the hooks....twith it again and he would follow right behind....lol.
Would have enjoyed tangling with him! I need to get me a good gars head for some decor/boat hood ornament.
Went upriver and popped a nice sauger....came up like a wet rag, mouth open so that was kind of a lack luster fight. Tossed him back. Got a teeny tiny little sauger too....about 8".
I cant get lightning to strike twice for me there. Everytime i try something new, it works great for that day.....try it again next trip and nothing! Im running out of different stuff to throw at em! Lol
I dont know how long it takes for the caney to clear up but if your thinking about trying it soon, as of today it was a mess.

XxthejuicexX
09-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Let me know when you want to catch gar. I have a good spot where you should be able to get a nice one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk