PDA

View Full Version : Pickwick 08-29-2013

Alphahawk
08-30-2014, 08:17 AM
I headed to Pickwick yesterday to try for an evening bite. I arrived and started fishing at 5:00 p.m. For one and a half hours I caught only 2 bass. During that time I was also throwing the Trout Magnet trying to catch anything but couldn't even get a Gill to hit it. I'm not even sure any Gills were in that spot. At 6:30 p.m. the bass started feeding and for forty-five minutes it was almost a fish on every cast. I was using a 1/8 ounce gold Kastmaster spoon with an Xcalibur XT3 dressed treble hook. I was skimming the spoon just under the surface so I got to see some nice commotion when they hit. These fish were all in the same year class....13-14 inches. Kept hoping for something bigger but didn't happen. The bass were chunky and put up a great fight on the medium light rod using SOS 4# test line. It felt good to get back to catching some fish. But at around 7:15 that action came to a halt. I stayed around for another hour hoping the schooling stripers would show....as they often do in that spot...but that didn't happen. Going to try and fish some more this week and then am headed to the Little Red on Saturday.

Regards

tacklemake
08-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Nice catch ...............woody

JKTrevecca
08-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Sounds like you had fun. Those 30-45 minute feeding frenzied are what keep us coming back!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

MNfisher
08-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Nice! Glad you got into them!

Mike