PDA

View Full Version : Got mad on the Caney

tcintn
08-30-2014, 06:47 AM
Decided to go to the Caney so I could get my mind off of a family tragedy. had a great time catching a bunch of trout using white T M on barbless chartreuse jigs.
Now for why I go upset. When I decided to leave I found someones stringer in the water with three dead trout on it.None of them were over 9" in length. Then I saw a person catching and putting the ones they caught on a stringer.The next thing I see is dead Rainbows floating by.I decided to watch and what they were doing was culling them.If they caught one bigger they took a smaller one off and put bigger one on stringer and dead floated by. Decided to leave and while doing so saw another take one off stringer and throwing back so as to put a bigger one on and it floated on down river.
I feel better now.Thank you.:confused:

Alphahawk
08-30-2014, 07:50 AM
Sorry to hear that Ed. Let me know if I can do anything. Good to get out and fish even though you ran into some knuckleheads.

Regards

MNfisher
08-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Hate that.

Mike

Fishbus
09-01-2014, 02:25 AM
While getting the kayaks ready Friday night to fish the pond, talked to two guys who were bank fishing. They had the waders and attire that said "responsible fisherman".

However, when I inquired about the limits and slot sizes to refresh my memory, they said, "Well, there's regs, but nobody really follows them."

OK. Anyway, I caught my first brown, a nice fat 18", and released it. They left a few tiny skeletons in the remains of their shore lunch fire at the end of the ramp.

Billyhttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/01/7c4c813c7d78d3f84d54be6d59f496f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKTrevecca
09-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Nice fish

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

robhal11
09-01-2014, 06:02 PM
My goodness fishbus & tcintn, that is crazy. My son, brother in law and I fished Sat. afternoon till the storms hit. We were checked by the two TWRA guys in the riverhawk. Man I wish they would bust these peoples * for that kind of crap. Now i regress we caught several fish, all released in good shape and had a blast. This is the first time on the Caney this year. Forgot how much fun it is. Went Priest this morning and caught two bass. Here are a few pictures.

Reel Tune
09-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Sorry about your guys experiences. That's the kind of crap that gets my blood boiling. I would have made phone calls, but don't know if it would have done any good.

Fishbus
09-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Nice fish robhal11. We fished the Stones above the lake Saturday and it was pretty slow.

SAMBOLIE
09-02-2014, 06:32 AM
Ed, sorry about the family.

Nice fish Billy.

Rob, those are great photos.

browntrout
09-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Ed, sorry about the family tragedy. That does make you mad when you see that. I was up the other day fishing with MN and i saw the same thing down around the campground. And people wonder why the Caney isn't a better fishery.

On a side note Alpha and I are heading out to the Little Red to fish with Jeff and Lowell if you need us to bring you anything back just let us know.

Roy

jad2t
09-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Yea that's annoying. If the fish goes on the stringer you should take it home and eat it regardless of catching another one. "Culling" with stringer fish usually kills them.

One time I was fishing the boils from the steps and saw a couple guys catching smaller trout and releasing them from almost the very top of the steps rather than walking down to the bottom to release them. I guess that would have been too much effort. MNFisher was there, he probably remembers it.

MNfisher
09-03-2014, 03:45 PM
One time I was fishing the boils from the steps and saw a couple guys catching smaller trout and releasing them from almost the very top of the steps rather than walking down to the bottom to release them. I guess that would have been too much effort. MNFisher was there, he probably remembers it.

Yeah. Unfortunately I've seen several nice fish dropped 30 ft to the water there, hit it hard, and float away swimming sideways

Mike

tcintn
09-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Talked with a man that does our lawn and also fished the Caney routinely. He was saying how he kept seeing dead Brookies float by. He noticed this guy fishing above him and every so often,he would take a trout he would catch and throw them back but also slam them into water as he through back. He asked the reason he was killing the Brooks and he told him it was because they were not good to eat.He asked him to stop and just place in water but to no avail.
Our lawn man also said he is seeing folks leave the water with way more than 5 trout on their stringer.

MNfisher
09-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Hmmm. That's horrible! But I actually like the brooks over rainbows for eating.

Mike

Pinwheeled
09-03-2014, 07:46 PM
What the hell is wrong with people?

TNBronzeback
09-03-2014, 08:00 PM
People are ignorant! Just because you didnt want to keep the fish you feel the need to kill it?
Thats no respect for our resources. I seen guys catch skipjacks below old hickory dam and just throw them up on the bank to die! They whine "oh them thing stink up your hands" or "theres too many in the river"
Well duh jack a$$.....its a bait fish!!!! They school by the thousands! Thats kinda what they do!
Certainly not as glamourous as trout but they shouldnt get treated like a trash fish....no fish should.
Sorry.....skippies have a soft spot in my heart!:) lol