PDA

View Full Version : Williamsport 8/26/2014

Alphahawk
08-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Finally finished moving....thank goodness....and couldn't wait to get back to the water. I couldn't go too far as had an appointment early afternoon so headed out to Blue Cat. I fished for 4 hours and only caught a few bluegill. The last 6 weeks have been one of the worst summers fishing I have ever had. The lake was dead calm and was great for kayaking. Only one other guy on the lake and he showed up 30 minutes after me and after spending 3 hours on Shell Cracker without a single bite. He left Blue Cat same time as me with one hybrid he caught trolling. Blue Cat has little structure that would make for good side imaging pics but I took a few as I am still playing around with the newly repaired 800 kHz mode. It has it's place but scanning for Gill beds 455 kHz may be the best. Found plenty of fish with the sonar they just didn't want to hit anything. Water temp was 85 degrees and visibility may have been one foot. In two weeks I am headed to the Little Red River to fish with Jeff Smith and Lowell Myers...pretty sure I will get into some fish with those two guiding. Meanwhile I have to get back to Pickwick.

Regards

tacklemake
08-26-2014, 07:14 PM
I know what you mean it's been hard trying to find a bass ,but the gills maybe small but least I'm catching something. I'm using the chartreuse TM 3' under a float and around stumps and shore lines...................woody

Alphahawk
08-26-2014, 07:45 PM
I know what you mean it's been hard trying to find a bass ,but the gills maybe small but least I'm catching something. I'm using the chartreuse TM 3' under a float and around stumps and shore lines...................woody

Glad you're catching some Woody. I pulled out every thing in my bag today and the Gills hit that 1/64 ounce hair jig you sell at Walkers....I call it hair but it may be made from something else. But only a few would hit. They were there but didn't want to bite. That chartreuse TM is a good color.

Regards