PDA

View Full Version : Inconsiderate boater on JPP this morning

Saltwaterwalt
08-26-2014, 02:12 PM
If this don't beat all. I was fishing this morning near Hamilton Creek boat ramp on JPP when I spotted this. Seems an inconsiderate arse launched his boat, pulled his rig up ten feet and parked it!

An hour later I passed by again and it was still there.

Wow, just wow.

jad2t
08-26-2014, 02:24 PM
That's a good way to come back to flat tires!

CreekWalker
08-26-2014, 02:25 PM
You know how you can squeeze icing out of a tube?....it works the same way squeezing the poop out of a dead seagull - leave a fecal note on his windshield!

TNBronzeback
08-26-2014, 03:25 PM
He was just running out to get his limit....he would be right back!
My non fishing/boating friends think im a liar when i tell them several stories a year of the things ya see on a lake during peak season!

TNtroller
08-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Just when you think you've seen it all, someone surprises the world again.

I pulled into one ramp parking lot last year, and was surprised. This lot has two rows of parking spots, all striped off for everyone to see and use as guidelines for parking. There is room to go around the perimeter of the lot and a aisle to go down the middle of the lot if desired. Someone couldn't make up their mind which side or row to park in, so they parked in the middle of the entire lot, blocking the center aisle. :confused: Some people. :)

FloatNFish
08-26-2014, 03:49 PM
He's parked there a lot of weekday mornings...older guy with a handicapped hang tag...don't know if thats an excuse but at least you can launch 4 at a time there.

Pookie
08-26-2014, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't fish Priest if I had Bill Dance for a guide. There is nothing but drunks, thugs and poor white trash out there. The fire this weekend at Elm Hill is getting to be an annual event. I'd sooner fish a pothole in my driveway than go to JPP.

agelesssone
08-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Don't suppress your feelings, Pookie. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

XxthejuicexX
08-26-2014, 10:10 PM
Damn, I am not sure what classification I fall under. I have been called a lot of things, just none of those. I look more like terry Taliban than a thug or white trash. Where might you recommend I fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNfisher
08-26-2014, 10:26 PM
Wow! That's the first time I've been called a drunk, thug, or white trash! Yikes!

Mike

Pookie
08-26-2014, 10:56 PM
Present company excepted, of course. ;)

Seriously, if you had seen what I have seen in just a few short days out there. Here's the whole story...

Back in April, I bought a cabin cruiser that was docked at Elm Hill. From the beginning, I had strong feelings about getting away from there, but by Memorial Day, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt I was leaving. People leaving the marina on Thurs, Fri and Sat night so drunk, they couldn't walk. Trashy assed women getting drunk and yelling at their boyfriend/husband on the dock from the parking lot, calling them names I had to look up a few. Car break-ins at every launch ramp are common occurrences, ask me how I know. Fools parking their truck and trailer just exactly like the picture, and worse. Jet-skis running wide open between you and the bank, and you trying to fish the bank. Finally, at my new home, I can go anywhere. I could even go to the Bahamas if I chose. At Priest, about the best you can do is ride in a big circle.

I realize Center Hill is also landlocked, but at least you could find a secluded cove if you wanted to. At Priest, nothing is secluded and nothing is damn sure safe.

Pookie
08-26-2014, 10:58 PM
Don't suppress your feelings, Pookie. Tell us how you REALLY feel.
Well, I thought I did, but I expounded on it a little in the above post. :p

Doc Marshall
08-26-2014, 11:50 PM
Ah Elm Hill. I used to do pretty well out there in a kayak. I just avoided the peak times in the summer. In a week that place will be a total ghost town.

Would be kinda cool to have a kayak fishing marina. Have a Hook 1 store + a Chipotle. Brewpub. A smaller BassPro. With that guy who sells kettle corn.

agelesssone
08-27-2014, 07:36 AM
Well, I'm too old to be a thug, don't drink enough to be called a drunk ('cept on occasion) so I guess I'll have to settle for "poor white trash".

Gonna break Sophia's heart when I tell her that's what we are.

jad2t
08-27-2014, 07:43 AM
JPP definitely does attract a lot of white trash, as well as trash with other skin tones, and a lot of drunks. It's a shame but that's the way it is. Being in a kayak, I only fish it early in the morning in the Summer if at all. This way I'm out of the water before 90% of the lake starts cracking open the beer cans. It's much more pleasurable in the cooler months.

BTW, Bill Dance only fished lakes overstocked with 5 pounders so he'd be useless on JPP!

jad2t
08-27-2014, 07:43 AM
would be kinda cool to have a kayak fishing marina. Have a hook 1 store + a chipotle. brewpub. A smaller basspro. With that guy who sells kettle corn.

yes!

browntrout
08-27-2014, 07:55 AM
Ah Elm Hill. I used to do pretty well out there in a kayak. I just avoided the peak times in the summer. In a week that place will be a total ghost town.

Would be kinda cool to have a kayak fishing marina. Have a Hook 1 store + a Chipotle. Brewpub. A smaller BassPro. With that guy who sells kettle corn.

Kettle Corn is how I lure my wife to Bass Pro...that stuff is so good. Sorry off topic I know.

Roy

SAMBOLIE
08-27-2014, 07:56 AM
Well, I'm too old to be a thug, don't drink enough to be called a drunk ('cept on occasion) so I guess I'll have to settle for "poor white trash".

:):):)

browntrout
08-27-2014, 07:56 AM
Wow! That's the first time I've been called a drunk, thug, or white trash! Yikes!

Mike

Well you may not have been called white trash but there was that time they made fun of your white legs..................

Roy

XxthejuicexX
08-27-2014, 08:21 AM
BTW, Bill Dance only fished lakes overstocked with 5 pounders so he'd be useless on JPP!

Unless he was fishing with headhunter :eek:

Travis C.
08-27-2014, 09:00 AM

I prefer the term White Trash Fabulous.... it's classier. :)

ttitan27
08-27-2014, 09:44 AM
There is nothing but drunks, thugs and poor white trash out there.

Im pretty sure that I could have been classified as each one of those things at some point in my life. Now I'm just an educated and somewhat reformed redneck.

I regularly fish Priest, you just have to know when and more importantly when not to go.

jaycee
08-27-2014, 10:17 AM
I regularly fish Priest, you just have to know when and more importantly when not to go.

My sentiments exactly.

ThrillSeeker
08-27-2014, 10:41 AM

X2

I normally fish Priest at night in the summer. I love it when the TWRA boys post up across from Hole in Wall Island waiting for drunks and boaters who don't have on their nav lights.

I haven't launched my boat before 6:30 pm since April. Memorial Day, Labor Day, and 4th of July are all OFF LIMITS for me.

white95v6
08-27-2014, 05:18 PM
hmm sounds like someone should call a tow truck.:)

Mudbone
08-30-2014, 10:28 AM

Mike

MNfisher, you know your a gangsta Ma F er. Maybe we should be fishin in Arkansas too.

MNfisher
08-30-2014, 03:30 PM
MNfisher, you know your a gangsta Ma F er. Maybe we should be fishin in Arkansas too.

Ha!!

Mike

wormdunker
08-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Lighten up, man, Whatta you mean inconsiderate? He only took up the one side of the ramp, unlike the guy that I saw last year park the rig right about in the MIDDLE of the ramp!! (looks like the same ramp too) Maybe the Corps of Engineers should provide escalators to get from the parking lot to the ramp. Or maybe valet parking, yeah, that's the ticket