PDA

View Full Version : Percy Priest 8/24/2014

Indeathinite
08-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Went back to JPP this weekend to do some more bank fishing. Hooked twelve but only managed to bring 4 of them in...one that got away had to be a 5 pounder so I was sorely disappointed to lose it. I was trying out ny new Zara Spook lure. It really draws the bass out but I had a hard time keeping them hooked. I tried being patient before setting the hook as the package suggested but was still having trouble setting it properly. Anyone else have this same experience?

Here are a couple pics. All 4 bass were between 0.5 lbs and 2 lbs that I managed to bring in:

blink
08-26-2014, 11:24 AM
Went back to JPP this weekend to do some more bank fishing. Hooked twelve but only managed to bring 4 of them in...one that got away had to be a 5 pounder so I was sorely disappointed to lose it. I was trying out ny new Zara Spook lure. It really draws the bass out but I had a hard time keeping them hooked. I tried being patient before setting the hook as the package suggested but was still having trouble setting it properly. Anyone else have this same experience?

Here are a couple pics. All 4 bass were between 0.5 lbs and 2 lbs that I managed to bring in:

Yeah, upgrade your hooks. I use the owner stinger hooks with much better success.

XxthejuicexX
08-26-2014, 11:45 AM
30lb braid for topwater, No stretch better hookup ratio. Also try to keep the rod tip low to the water if you see the fish trying to come up to jump and throw the plug.

TNBronzeback
08-26-2014, 03:31 PM
I agree....if the water clarity allows for it, i always go braid for the power fishing/reaction bites, especially them spooks since you can chuck them things a mile....ya need the braid with no stretch to get a good hookset. Upgrading from factory hooks is always a good idea too. Im a huge Gamakatsu fan myself.