PDA

View Full Version : Cumberland River bass report

CreekWalker
08-25-2014, 03:03 PM
I've been whining all summer about catching fewer and much smaller bass the Cumberland up from Nashville as compared to last year.....

Yesterday afternoon I went out just to gar fish for a few hours.

I'm glad I brought my bass rod because after noticing some activity I started tossing some moving baits and absolutely hammered them for about an hour before I had to head home. No monsters but three were over 17" which were certainly welcomed bites.

Every bite I got they absolutely hammered it. The two largest smallmouths almost jerked the rod out of my hand.

I fish that river a lot and it's crazy how in one hour I regained my confidence in it!

Pinwheeled
08-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Good to hear. Thanks for the report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNfisher
08-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Awesome man! Glad you got on them.

Mike

TNBronzeback
08-25-2014, 03:31 PM
Congrats on the change of luck! I love that river. Very rewarding yet very humbling at the same time. That river holds some very very respectable bass, both large and smallmouth. Great fishery.

Pookie
08-25-2014, 03:53 PM
I fished around Rock Harbor from about 6:30 til 8:30 last night. I fished a JuneBug colored Slider worm with a chartreuse tail. All I got was bream chewing the tail off of my worm. There was another guy fishing there that said he had caught a couple of LM. He was fishing a 3-4" white fluke. What did you use?

CreekWalker
08-25-2014, 04:13 PM
I fished around Rock Harbor from about 6:30 til 8:30 last night. I fished a JuneBug colored Slider worm with a chartreuse tail. All I got was bream chewing the tail off of my worm. There was another guy fishing there that said he had caught a couple of LM. He was fishing a 3-4" white fluke. What did you use?

I caught a small smallmouth on my 2nd cast with a spook junior then switched to some faster moving baits. When they turn on it doesn't really matter what you throw.

Alphahawk
08-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Congrats on your catch.

Regards