PDA

View Full Version : Guntersville Bound

Pookie
08-18-2014, 10:39 PM
I'll bring pics back if we do any good.

TNBronzeback
08-18-2014, 10:55 PM
Good luck!
I wanted to make it down there this year but the plans fizzled out.

XxthejuicexX
08-19-2014, 07:47 AM
Good luck, Grass should be good by now!

yak10asee
08-19-2014, 11:33 AM
We are heading down there this weekend. I hope the frog bite is on!

XxthejuicexX
08-19-2014, 11:44 AM
We are heading down there this weekend. I hope the frog bite is on!

We caught some in the primrose and what little hydrilla and milfoil that was on the surface in early may. I think it will be a good frog year, late start to the growing season due to the cold but it should be good now.

yak10asee
08-20-2014, 08:41 AM
We caught some in the primrose and what little hydrilla and milfoil that was on the surface in early may. I think it will be a good frog year, late start to the growing season due to the cold but it should be good now.

Dad worked the Snagproof tourney a week or 2 ago and said everything is about 3 weeks behind. Heading to Clear Lake California for our annual Frog Fishing Extravaganza in September. Either way just gald to be on the water with Pops.

Pookie
08-20-2014, 05:50 PM
Zilch!!!!

We fished out of Goose Pond. 40 boats blasted off for a local Tuesday Night Tournament about the time we got there. 10 weighed in, three fish was the most anyone caught. It sucked!

We got 1 strike at a frog last night, nothing today.

XxthejuicexX
08-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Zilch!!!!

We fished out of Goose Pond. 40 boats blasted off for a local Tuesday Night Tournament about the time we got there. 10 weighed in, three fish was the most anyone caught. It sucked!

We got 1 strike at a frog last night, nothing today.

Damn, thats The big G sometimes. You guys fishing up that way? I don't know how often you fish down there but I would be willing to give you a few areas to fish that I like. I really really really!!! want to fish the SPRO tournament next month, doubt it will happen but one can dream.

Pookie
08-20-2014, 09:21 PM
Damn, thats The big G sometimes. You guys fishing up that way? I don't know how often you fish down there but I would be willing to give you a few areas to fish that I like. I really really really!!! want to fish the SPRO tournament next month, doubt it will happen but one can dream.
I fish there quite a bit. About mid-September, that place will come alive. I don't have but a couple of coordinates I can reciprocate with, but I'll be glad to swap them to you. They are on my fishing buddy's hds right now, but I can get them.

My all-time favorite lake is Ky Lake. Just about anywhere on the Tenn River is going to be good fishing. Guntersville ranks a close second.

XxthejuicexX
08-20-2014, 09:31 PM
I fish there quite a bit. About mid-September, that place will come alive. I don't have but a couple of coordinates I can reciprocate with, but I'll be glad to swap them to you. They are on my fishing buddy's hds right now, but I can get them.

My all-time favorite lake is Ky Lake. Just about anywhere on the Tenn River is going to be good fishing. Guntersville ranks a close second.

I was not even asking for coordinates, I just wanted to try and help you guys catch fish, I will swap though :) I am going down for the Oakley big bass in October again this year, hopefully I can win a little more money than last year. We stayed on un productive areas to long last year trying to find fish. This year will be different, more of a run and gun I think. I have not got to fish the lake as much this year, I was down twice a month last year but with the kid and money being tight I have had to cut back. I have been trying to talk to wife into moving down there for a while now.

Pookie
08-20-2014, 09:42 PM
I was not even asking for coordinates, I just wanted to try and help you guys catch fish, I will swap though :) I am going down for the Oakley big bass in October again this year, hopefully I can win a little more money than last year. We stayed on un productive areas to long last year trying to find fish. This year will be different, more of a run and gun I think. I have not got to fish the lake as much this year, I was down twice a month last year but with the kid and money being tight I have had to cut back. I have been trying to talk to wife into moving down there for a while now.
Water temp was 89* The millfoil was thick.

The only job opportunities I saw there were Title loans, bail bonds, junkyards, and fast food. LBJ killed the economy, except for Redstone Arsenal.

Alphahawk
08-21-2014, 05:53 AM

Spent two years at Redstone and fished Guntersville a lot back in 1973 and 1980. Great place. I've been trying to talk my girl friend to moving to the White Rivet out in Arkansas......without success.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk