PDA

View Full Version : Today is a good fishing day

agelesssone
08-16-2014, 08:13 AM
With the cold front conditions of the last few days being replaced by a low pressure system and cloud cover moving in, I would think today would be a good day to catch fish.
I fished JPP yesterday under a bright sun sky and no wind and high pressure. Boated one rockfish in five hours, using the side planer boards with three lines out each side. I trolled jigs w/ sassy shads, white bucktails with 5 inch twistertails, both white and chartreuse. Also pulled smaller umbrella rigs with six teasers and three shad bodied baits w/ hooks.

Nothing seemed to work, wound up trolling over ten miles of water. Started at Hamilton Creek area for an hour, then Spring, over to Bear Island, across to Cooks, then 7 Points area. I didn't go above Bear Island/ Party cove. Also didn't go to the dam area as I noticed Billy Flatt driving out of that area with his boat up on plane. If he had gotten on fish there, he wouldn't have left them.
He was pretty much covering the same areas I was. Both of us searching for active fish.
Texted with aero at 7:30 this morning. He's fishing Tims Ford using the same setup I used yesterday and he has already boated six fish.
Different day, different conditions, different lake, different results.
Anybody catching striper/hybrids on JPP this past week?

Pookie
08-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Every day is a good day to fish!

XxthejuicexX
08-16-2014, 10:18 AM
You could have been stuck in an office like me all day yesterday! I am going to hit the river this afternoon and try to catch some of those green trash fish.

JKTrevecca
08-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Haven't been out since Sunday but I'm getting the itch! Wanna go?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Alphahawk
08-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Glad you got out. I'm stuck with moving and am off the water for a few days. But in 2 more weeks will have my si unit back and I will be hitting the water again.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
08-16-2014, 07:39 PM
Got out for a couple hours, 2 small fish and about 8 blowups/misses I missed my last three fish, got pissed and headed home early to take it easy tonight.

tacklemake
08-17-2014, 04:39 AM
Merv get on the computer and type in weight chart for trolling depths and you will find everything on trolling you want to know...............woody