PDA

View Full Version : Side plqaner boards

agelesssone
08-13-2014, 10:07 PM
OK, I finally have all my gear for side planing board fishing.

Got my two Riviera planing boards, my 72 inch Big Jon double reel mast w/200 ft of 200# test line, and my bucket of 40 releases to use with the boards (ala aero's setup).

Now I just need to get out on Priest and find the striper/hybrid haunts and drag a bunch of bucktail/fluke/twistertails/sassy shads through them to try this setup out.

BUT! I can't do it tomorrow because I volunteered to help my daughter's kindergarten teacher during lunch tomorrow, and I have a Dr's appt at 3:30 PM in Nashville. Then a parent teacher's meeting at 6 PM at school. So....it looks like Friday AM at best.

TNBronzeback
08-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Sounds like a sweet set up man!
Get some action pics of everything in the water!

Alphahawk
08-13-2014, 10:56 PM
Congrats.....sounds like the setup the charter boat used when we would go out to Five Mile Reef on the Red Sea when I worked in Saudi....LOL. A lot of gear.

Regards

MNfisher
08-14-2014, 05:48 AM
I love targeting the Cumberland giants....but the JPP hybrids and schoolie stripers will never get old or boring to me! Go get 'em Merv!!

Reel Tune
08-14-2014, 07:18 AM
I agree with MN, Priest is a lot of fun, the Cumberland Chain is mind blowing, but a lot of work goes into it. Good luck Merv