PDA

View Full Version : Pickwick tonight

Fishbus
08-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Tried to get a hotel in Florence, AL for work this week and they were booked.

They found me another room in Counce, TN.

Check the map, and Ooh Pickwick's a few miles from hotel!

Got myself some (hopefully) Pickwick rated gear and heading over when it cools down a little bit.

Four generators going till 10pm.

Billy

XxthejuicexX
08-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Good luck with the trip, be careful fishing alone at night.

SAMBOLIE
08-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Billy,
Are you staying in the Paper Mill Inn?

Give us a report on the fishing please.

Alphahawk
08-11-2014, 07:57 PM
I will be coming down this week. Am getting ready to move but hope to still fish some.

Regards

Fishbus
08-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Staying at the Hampton Inn on the South side of the river.

Fished for about an hour and a half tonight.

Found out I'm way under-equipped for 4 generators.

I threw some swimbaits and a kastmaster, which I caught one skipjack on.

Talked to some folks who have fished the last five days straight.

Said they were in the stripers all week until tonight (of course).

They were fishing live bait and didn't get anything while I was there.

Rained hard tonight before I fished, may have been the problem.

I'll probably head over tomorrow after work as well.

Billy

Fishbus
08-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Back tonight with a new rod and some big soft swimbaits.

Didn't get a bite.

Talked to some locals who were catching 10lb stripes and they were using live bait and/or pearl white flukes.

The bite was going from 7-8pm (for those guys) while I was there, then it died off from 8-9pm till I left.

Billy

Alphahawk
08-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Back tonight with a new rod and some big soft swimbaits.

Didn't get a bite.

Talked to some locals who were catching 10lb stripes and they were using live bait and/or pearl white flukes.

The bite was going from 7-8pm (for those guys) while I was there, then it died off from 8-9pm till I left.

Billy

That's Pickwick Billy....sometimes that bite will last for hours and other times they kill it for 20 minutes then they are gone.

Regards

Reel Tune
08-13-2014, 07:17 AM
You'll get them. I always have pearl flukes with me. Zoom Super Flukes, Zoom Mag Flukes, Zoom Super Fluke Jr., Zoom The Fluke, Zoom Tiny Fluke

TNBronzeback
08-13-2014, 07:34 AM
You'll get them. I always have pearl flukes with me. Zoom Super Flukes, Zoom Mag Flukes, Zoom Super Fluke Jr., Zoom The Fluke, Zoom Tiny Fluke

Youve gotta be Fluking kidding me? you take all those? HA HA!

Reel Tune
08-13-2014, 07:46 AM
I usually carry about 10-12lbs of soft plastics. I usually at least have a few Tiny Flukes, The Fluke, and a few Super Fluke Jr's with me. The MAG Flukes are for special occasions.

XxthejuicexX
08-13-2014, 08:19 AM
I usually carry about 10-12lbs of soft plastics. I usually at least have a few Tiny Flukes, The Fluke, and a few Super Fluke Jr's with me. The MAG Flukes are for special occasions.

Don't think I need a MAG fluke.

Alphahawk
08-13-2014, 08:41 AM
On way to Pickwick Billy. Probably won't still be there when you get off work......try fishing over by lock and up in lake by entrance to the dam with the big turbine in the parking lot. Good spot to use the TM.

Regards

creekcrappie
08-13-2014, 09:47 AM
I try to keep the number down, but I usually stuff about 10 pounds of plastics in a backpack when I fish as a co-angler for tournaments.

Fishbus
08-13-2014, 02:49 PM
As long as she's happy, it's all good, right?

Billy

Don't think I need a MAG fluke.

Fishbus
08-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Good idea. Will give those spots a try tonight.

Billy

On way to Pickwick Billy. Probably won't still be there when you get off work......try fishing over by lock and up in lake by entrance to the dam with the big turbine in the parking lot. Good spot to use the TM.

Regards