PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory Lake fishing report 8/11/2014

tacklemake
08-11-2014, 05:53 PM
I went to the lock 3 ramp to test out my new spinner bait and after five cast I would say it will catch bass, what do you think?..........woody

Alphahawk
08-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Nice fish Woody. Looks like the spinner bait works quite well.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
08-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Woody you make all your spinners?

tacklemake
08-12-2014, 12:59 AM
Woody you make all your spinners?

Yes and I have bin making since I was 12 years old and I'm 67 now...............woody

Reel Tune
08-12-2014, 07:11 AM
Good job Woody, now lets see that spinner.

tacklemake
08-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Good job Woody, now lets see that spinner.

Not yet still testing.................woody

SAMBOLIE
08-12-2014, 10:12 PM
Yes and I have bin making since I was 12 years old and I'm 67 now...............woody

Not yet still testing.................woody

Do you plan to test them another 55 years?

tacklemake
08-13-2014, 01:47 AM
Do you plan to test them another 55 years?

I was thinking about it, why 55 years to long? I went out yesterday and caught another bass but small then I lost it in a brush pile. So I put another one on and a 16" catfish hammer it and now I'm getting ready to go back out today and see if the white bass will hammer it..............woody

SAMBOLIE
08-13-2014, 07:14 AM
I was thinking about it, why 55 years to long? I went out yesterday and caught another bass but small then I lost it in a brush pile. So I put another one on and a 16" catfish hammer it and now I'm getting ready to go back out today and see if the white bass will hammer it..............woody

Woody, I am also 67. It is encouraging to hear you say we may have another 55 years to fish.:)

Good luck today.

Reel Tune
08-13-2014, 07:14 AM
Good luck this morning

tacklemake
08-13-2014, 07:21 PM
Well it was just a little windy but we went back out MR.ED caught a sunny and it must of bin my day to clean the bottom of the lake because I found fishing line and a rod & reel that was cove with growth. The fun part was when I ask the wife if I could hang my trophy on the wall joking.................woody

TNBronzeback
08-13-2014, 08:31 PM
That is one thing that still eludes me is a rod and reel. Ive never snagged one. Lots of other things, but never that. I hooked a dandy chunk of white laminated particle board in carthage last weekend. Seen "a fish" on the graph....dropped my blade bait down...felt a thump....hammered it which i guess dislodged it from the bottom and it started swirling in the current and my eyes got super big with visions of walleye on my line....lmao...NOPE! just a piece of somebodies old kitchen cabinet! Lol.
I fought it like a champ though!

XxthejuicexX
08-13-2014, 09:20 PM
That is one thing that still eludes me is a rod and reel. Ive never snagged one. Lots of other things, but never that. I hooked a dandy chunk of white laminated particle board in carthage last weekend. Seen "a fish" on the graph....dropped my blade bait down...felt a thump....hammered it which i guess dislodged it from the bottom and it started swirling in the current and my eyes got super big with visions of walleye on my line....lmao...NOPE! just a piece of somebodies old kitchen cabinet! Lol.
I fought it like a champ though!

Thats funny! I hooked a big Muscle last year on Gville throwing a 6XD, thought I had a monster on. I have a friend who's dad found a dead body stuck if drift wood on old hickory, he did not really catch him but still it would suck crappie fishing and find that stuck to a bridge. I am 30 and hope to have close to 55 years left to do anything on this earth. TN if you really want to catch a rod and reel I know where one is located on old hickory, my buddy fell in and tossed the rod as he went, only in about 8' of water.

TNBronzeback
08-13-2014, 10:46 PM
Juice,
Lol....i will swap spots with ya.
I lost an anchor on priest a few weeks ago. I still have no idea how it came undone. Luckily i found one....on a shelf...at academy....for $20. Lol

XxthejuicexX
08-14-2014, 09:03 AM
Juice,
Lol....i will swap spots with ya.
I lost an anchor on priest a few weeks ago. I still have no idea how it came undone. Luckily i found one....on a shelf...at academy....for $20. Lol

I try to stay out of Academy... I tend to find a lot of things on their shelves. 20 bucks would be a good cheap trip. I decided a few years ago to just stick with two $1.08 Cap blocks from Lowe's for my Anchors.