PDA

View Full Version : Smith Fork Creek

TroutFiend
08-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Does anyone know the best way to access the tail end of this creek at the Caney junction point? Would be in a 15 Jon. Betty's island or motor up from the Gordonsville?

blink
08-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Does anyone know the best way to access the tail end of this creek at the Caney junction point? Would be in a 15 Jon. Betty's island or motor up from the Gordonsville?

I have been wondering this myself. I am in a kayak though so motoring up is not so much of an option for me.

CreekWalker
08-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Whenever possible, I always err to motoring up so that when, inevitably, something goes wrong - at least I can drift back to the truck. Having said that, it's only when I'm downstream from the truck when I have boat problems.:mad: Ha!

The Smith Fork is much closer to Betty's than Gordonsville though navigating the island right above it is an obstacle course.

TroutFiend
08-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Yep, by river map it shows around 2 miles from Betty's and 4 miles from Gordonsville. I think during generation it would not be a big deal to access just curious about low water. Also could the lower end of the creek be fished by boat once accessed.

Alphahawk
08-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Not a big deal on low water......by kayak from Betty's.

Regards

TNBronzeback
08-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Whenever possible, I always err to motoring up so that when, inevitably, something goes wrong - at least I can drift back to the truck.

Yup! thats my logic! served me well so far! (knock on wood)

hunter24
08-11-2014, 06:10 PM
If the water is down, you'll have a tough time either way. But it's much closer to Betty's.