PDA

View Full Version : Productive weekend.

XxthejuicexX
08-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Well, we got back from Illinois on Friday. I brought back a bunch of produce, my wife's uncle is a farmer. I canned 7 quarts of green beans Friday afternoon and 7 quarts on tomato sauce last night, everything either from my garden or his except the shrooms. I got to fish "my" little stretch of the river this evening for a few hours, I will say it was a fun evening. I caught 10 Bass, all on a frog I also had 7 more blow ups, a couple I missed but most were just on the fish. I decided to take pictures of every fish I caught, some good ones but no real pigs. Alpha, I took my trout magnets with me, no bluegill but they are popping the mats. Today was one of those rare trips were it's almost not fishing but catching. I know there is a big fish in that river, it's only a matter of time. I am now having to replace my Ish's Phat frog, it's lived a good long life but it's now time to put it out to pasture.

XxthejuicexX
08-10-2014, 09:03 PM
More fish, Plus reading all this about killing fish due to catching them, I apologized to every fish just incase they die in 5 days. Lord willing they live long happy productive lives. :)

creekcrappie
08-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Dang, that is a lot of quality keeper size fish there! I saw your picture of the frog on twitter.

Pinwheeled
08-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Some dang nice fish there. Congrats!

XxthejuicexX
08-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Dang, that is a lot of quality keeper size fish there! I saw your picture of the frog on twitter.

Yeah I noticed that, I have never seen that before, back to back days catching frogs with frogs. I also got this sweet bruise forming on the inside of my "bicep" from having to drag fish through the grass today. I might need a butt pad for my Abu Garcia Villain if I keep fishing from my kayak. :confused:

Alphahawk
08-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Glad you got into them....some nice fish there. I am rigging up an outfit with heavier line to fish for Gills in slop where one would work a frog. Gills love hanging around that stuff.

Regards

MNfisher
08-11-2014, 05:33 AM
Yeah I noticed that, I have never seen that before, back to back days catching frogs with frogs. I also got this sweet bruise forming on the inside of my "bicep" from having to drag fish through the grass today. I might need a butt pad for my Abu Garcia Villain if I keep fishing from my kayak. :confused:

Awesome man! You caught another bullfrog on a frog?

Heiny57
08-11-2014, 06:39 AM
Looked like a great day, hard to top frog/rat fishing.

But,

Couldn't you find any bright colored shorts to wear? LOL

XxthejuicexX
08-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Awesome man! You caught another bullfrog on a frog?

Yep, This one actually ate the frog and I hooked him through the lip. Never seen anything like it.

Reel Tune
08-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Cannibals

nomad60
08-11-2014, 01:21 PM
I bet that was a fun outing. Nice catches!

XxthejuicexX
08-11-2014, 01:27 PM
I bet that was a fun outing. Nice catches!

I had a blast! I wanted to flip the D bomb but it's hard to stop throwing the frog when it's working so well. I think I am hitting the water again Wednesday or Thursday.

XxthejuicexX
08-11-2014, 01:28 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/12/ajyva8eq.jpg

nomad60
08-11-2014, 01:31 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/12/ajyva8eq.jpg

Awesome! Bass AND frog legs ;)

jad2t
08-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Frog on frog action!

Nice fish, looks like you got a good stretch of river. Interesting to see that kind of grass in the stones, I've never found that in there before.

XxthejuicexX
08-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Frog on frog action!

Nice fish, looks like you got a good stretch of river. Interesting to see that kind of grass in the stones, I've never found that in there before.

I have never seen it anywhere other than this location, It's mostly Hydrilla with a little milfoil I think mixed in. It has not formed any mats yet so all I am fishing is the slop that is accumulating at the tops of the vines growing at the surface. Knowing how aggressive the grass is I wonder how long before the river gets completely choked out? The max depth I have found is around 11', Hydrilla and milfoil will still grow that deep and top out. Some of the creeks at the north end of Guntersville completely mat over except the channel they cut or spray.