PDA

View Full Version : Williamsport fishing report.

Alphahawk
08-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Put the kayak in Blue Cat this a.m. As usual caught the short crappie. Not much else happening for me today. I also put in at Shell Cracker...same deal. Just wanted to give a report for you guys heading there this weekend. Water temps were anywhere from 89.8 up to 90.6 degrees in both lakes. Water levels are good. Water in both lakes is pea soup green. Water in Goldeneye is looking pretty good. Did see some bass activity here and there close in on banks. It was hot....I was pretty much the only nut out there. For those that go hope you get em.

Regards

MNfisher
08-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Went to goldeneye yesterday. Water was 2 feet lower than last time I was out. Still in the trees, but barely. Hoping we get a bunch of rain this weekend to bring it up more. Caught a few fish, lost 2 dandies. Isn't that how is usually goes!?!

jad2t
08-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Looks like plenty of rain tonight and Friday to bring it back up. I may head there Saturday afternoon to fish until dark. I hope I can.

Alphahawk
08-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Went to goldeneye yesterday. Water was 2 feet lower than last time I was out. Still in the trees, but barely. Hoping we get a bunch of rain this weekend to bring it up more. Caught a few fish, lost 2 dandies. Isn't that how is usually goes!?!

I guess I should be a bit more specific about the water levels. The water was down in all the lakes....but no detriment to fishing. As for water level at Goldeneye if the yellow tape is not across the road the level is good.....LOL. Goldeneye is better this year on water level than same time last year. There is a known leak but I doubt it will ever be repaired. I fully expect unless we get a gully washer Goldeneye will be closed in 3 weeks or less....as is usually the case for this time of year.

Regards