PDA

View Full Version : Williamsport-Blue Cat

Alphahawk
08-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Hit Blue Cat early this morning hoping to get some Gills. Didn't catch a one...LOL. So I started hunting with the sonar and found those stunted crappie all over the place. Well it wasn't what I came after but spent 4 hours out there catching 91 crappie all between 8-9 inches. Not a legal one in the bunch. They were all over the lake. I sure hope TWRA decides this year to change the regs out there so next year folks can haul some of those out of there. Saw a lot of bait balls but no fish anywhere around them. The boats on the lake that I talked with weren't catching anything. Got to experiment with the sonar and then after 4 hours of fishing it took me 3 hours to get my vehicle cleaned up from all the limestone dust from out there. Had the di set on narrow beam so you won't see many tree limbs. Going to hit it somewhere again Monday.

Regards

Travis C.
08-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Man, that's a lot of fish on the screen. LOL..

Sounds like a fun trip minus the whole car cleanup part. I am trying to decide if I have enough energy to go somewhere tonight or not.

TNtroller
08-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Nice report, catching shorts is very frustrating for sure. :(

Alphahawk
08-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Yeah Travis...lots of fish but as TN troller says catching shorts is frustrating. But it is better than catching nothing and using 2# test I get a little fun out of it. It is a great place to play around with the sonar settings though...close to home.....and lots of targets. I just wish Humminbird could get their software straight...they have issues in most of the si units and it is a lot more than just the di portion also. I have found several work arounds though and I can find fish so I should be happy and just wait for firmware update.

Regards

chaseasl
08-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Nice catch