PDA

View Full Version : TK Update

Reel Tune
07-17-2014, 09:33 PM
I just got off the phone with TK.

He is at Summit Medical Center tight now. The medical facility dropped the ball on the MRI, so that was done this evening and they have found that the spell was not a stroke like was thought earlier.

They have found a Subdural Hematoma which is blood on the outside of the brain. This has caused his brain to shift. This was due to a past injury, suspecting the fall that occurred in April.

They are looking into either draining the blood or maybe letting it dissolve.

Please keep TK and Lawanna in your thoughts and prayers through this difficult process.

XxthejuicexX
07-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Forgive my ignorance but is that better news or worse? I will be definitely keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

Reel Tune
07-18-2014, 06:12 AM
As of right now it sounds better, but further investigation will tell. The good thing is that the bleeding was not in the brain, but external of the brain so hopefully it will be a fairly simple procedure where they just release the old blood. It's also good that there is no current bleeding.

I'm no doctor, or have any background in the medical field, just stating my thoughts and what TK has told me.

SAMBOLIE
07-18-2014, 06:44 AM
Jeremy, thanks for the update.

XxthejuicexX
07-18-2014, 07:44 AM
That's good to hear Jeremy. Here is hoping that it's something thing that simple. Thanks for the update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jad2t
07-18-2014, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the update, I'll be keeping him and his family in my prayers.

Travis C.
07-18-2014, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the update.

We will keep him in our prayers as well.

Heiny57
07-18-2014, 08:49 AM
Knee mail sent

tacklemake
07-18-2014, 08:59 AM
Thank you for the update...............woody

browntrout
07-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Hard to believe with all the medical advancements and equipment that this can happen!!! Will most definitely keep him in our prayers.

Roy

Reel Tune
07-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Just got off the phone with TK, and another update.

He goes into surgery tomorrow around 10 or 11am. They are going to drill 4 holes in his skull to remove the blood and pressure, and expected to be released Monday or Tuesday. The procedure is expected to take 40 minutes to 1hr.

He seems in good spirits, but does sound a little worried. I told him we were all thinking about him and Lawanna and that they are in our thoughts and prayers.

Alphahawk
07-18-2014, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the update.

Regards

JandSCattleCo
07-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Went by his house today and wondered how he was doing. Prayers are sent.

Side Note: Uh, Id be worried too if they were drilling into my skull, regardless of blood there or not!

jaycee
07-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Thanks for info update.

nomad60
07-18-2014, 12:38 PM
Appreciate the update.

Pookie
07-19-2014, 06:51 AM
Forgive my ignorance but is that better news or worse? I will be definitely keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.
That has to be better news than a stroke.

tkwalker
07-22-2014, 11:34 AM
The surgery was good ... Surgery on Sat ... Home on Monday ...

Take head injuries seriously even at the time you may not think much of it ... I fell and hit my head on the ground in April ... It rattled me in fact I think I was unconscious for a short while ... But had no after affects, no head aches, etc... Everything was fine until July 3rd. When I thought I had a stroke ...

The problem found after the MRI was That I had two subdural hematomas (golf ball size blood clots putting pressure on my brain located on both lobes under the skull)

Corrective action ... Drill four half inch holes through the skull and remove the clots ... ... Here are a couple of pic's (caution) ... What looks like zippers on my head are staples that will be removed next Monday .

I am up and going about my daily routine but a little slower ... After I get the clearance from the Neurologist I am having the right knee replaced next month ...

I want to thank all of the Members for their words of encouragement thoughtfulness ... <'TK><:)

GO-OKFISHIN
07-22-2014, 11:54 AM
Glad everything came out fine. We appreciate all you do.

SAMBOLIE
07-22-2014, 01:05 PM
TK, It is so good to hear YOU report that you are doing well.

Take care.

Sambolie

yak10asee
07-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Good to hear. Wish you a speedy recovery. If I had one piece of advise it would be take it slow. I thought I was superman when I came home. I myself had a subdural hematoma. They did the same procedure. Drilled a hole in the top of my head for pressure relief and took a section of my skull out to allow for swelling. That was in September of 2001. I was young so I healed fast however Vanderbilt is still proud of their hospital ( I am thankful).

Alphahawk
07-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Glad to hear the good news TK.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agelesssone
07-22-2014, 05:10 PM
Any chance while they had those holes in your head that they inserted a brain??

I mean, why waste the surgery?

(Sorry fellas, all this gushy, feel good stuff is gonna go to his head and make him think we really like him. He's gotta face the truth someday!)

SAMBOLIE
07-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Any chance while they had those holes in your head that they inserted a brain??

I mean, why waste the surgery?

(Sorry fellas, all this gushy, feel good stuff is gonna go to his head and make him think we really like him. He's gotta face the truth someday!)

I can't believe you would post trash talk like this after what TK did for you.

For those who don't know. TK had a very large brain most of which held a wealth of knowledge. We all know that if Merv's brain was put in a humming bird it would fly backwards.
I say tk had because he donated a portion of his brain to be transplanted in Merv's thick skull. Something went wrong. It has been reported that Merv was seen sucking a mule's arse because he thought it was a honey suckle. BTW, tk still has the portion of the brain with the knowledge.

TK, I know you wanted to keep this quiet, however I feel you deserve a medal.

Dakota
07-22-2014, 06:43 PM
Glad you are up and moving around! Heal quickly!!

Travis C.
07-22-2014, 09:18 PM
Great news TK.

thehick176
07-22-2014, 09:45 PM
Let me know of there is anything I can do to help out TK. I'm right down the road if you need anything.

Transplanted Sportsman
07-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Glad you are out and about TK, take it easy and enjoy the change of pace, some good water therapy with the wife must be in order as soon conditions allow, praying for a full recovery!

RXFISH
07-22-2014, 10:02 PM
Glad you are doing better. Let me know also if you need anything. Chris

agelesssone
07-23-2014, 11:23 AM
I can't believe you would post trash talk like this after what TK did for you.

For those who don't know. TK had a very large brain most of which held a wealth of knowledge. We all know that if Merv's brain was put in a humming bird it would fly backwards.
I say tk had because he donated a portion of his brain to be transplanted in Merv's thick skull. Something went wrong. It has been reported that Merv was seen sucking a mule's arse because he thought it was a honey suckle. BTW, tk still has the portion of the brain with the knowledge.

TK, I know you wanted to keep this quiet, however I feel you deserve a medal.

SAMBOLIE, THE EMBEDDED LINK WAS PRODUCED JUST FOR YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bK-Dqj4fHmM#t=0

Reel Tune
07-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Thank you for giving us an update TK, I was starting to get worried. Please take it slow and don't over do it.

tkwalker
07-30-2014, 12:59 AM
Hi guys ... still all is good ... Had the Staples removed Yesterday (Monday the 28th) The CT scan showed not a lot of difference from a week ago ....The body should absorb the residual fluids that was left ... But as the Doc. said it is different for different folks ... Will do another CT scan in three weeks ...

I feel better than I have in the past months ... Balance thought and all functions ... I am back to normal (if there ever was one ... :eek::eek: ) <'TK><:):)

Alphahawk
07-30-2014, 05:04 AM
Glad to hear all is going good.

Regards

XxthejuicexX
07-30-2014, 07:59 AM
Good to Hear TK! I am sure that if you are like most of us, Normal........ is not so "normal".

yak10asee
07-30-2014, 08:26 AM
Glad to hear the good news. Getting staples put out of your head feels a little weird. Hope everything continues to go well.

nomad60
07-30-2014, 01:03 PM
Glad to hear it, TK.

Reel Tune
07-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Great news TK, thank you for the update.