PDA

View Full Version : Williamsport 7/13 with daughter

chrisntab
07-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Well only hooked one nice one on Shellcracker, but it was the priceless moment, to remember. It was quite windy most of the afternoon, 13 yr old daughter was running trolling motor. Between her not knowing how to keep me parallel to shore line it was interesting to say the least. So finally get a bite, after hearing there isn't any fish in here, to not believing pictures on wall at store. I set the hook on a Zoom Junebug 10.5 worm. Being dad I wanted daughter to experience a nice fish. Try handing her the pole, she leaves trolling motor going, we are spinning. She grabs pole and takes her arm straight down. May have been more fish there but noise and commotion no way we were hooking another one, lol

My hand measures 8"

Good timeshttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/15/dy3uzura.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/15/egenema7.jpg

TNtroller
07-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Congrats on the day, a nice fish and a great memory to keep forever.

Alphahawk
07-14-2014, 08:29 PM
Congrats on the fish. I don't know who told you there aren't any bass in Shellcracker but it has a healthy population of trophy bass.

Regards

chrisntab
07-14-2014, 10:28 PM
Congrats on the fish. I don't know who told you there aren't any bass in Shellcracker but it has a healthy population of trophy bass.

Regards

Oh I know there is Alphahawk. Reasoning with a 13 yr old female not catching fish = no fish in the entire lake, lol

Alphahawk
07-14-2014, 10:53 PM
Oh I know there is Alphahawk. Reasoning with a 13 yr old female not catching fish = no fish in the entire lake, lol

Oh yeah....LOL.

Regards

jad2t
07-15-2014, 09:10 AM
Sounds like a great memory was made even if you only caught one fish! Williamsport is a great place. I gladly woke up at 3am to get there at about 5am the last two Saturdays because the fishing is worth it. Lots of big bass in there, not as much fishing pressure as the main two lakes around here (Priest and Old Hickory), no idiots on wakeboards and jetskis. It's peaceful and quiet with only trolling motors allowed, perfect for us kayak anglers. Very pretty area too.

It's not uncommon to catch 20+ inch bass in those lakes so get out there again and catch a hawg.