PDA

View Full Version : heavy boat woes.....

pitbull
06-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Soooo been working on my 89 stratos 201, second power head seems to be Strong, but still was lacking in top end speed... Started prop shopping and got an Rk4 4 blade from power tech, couldn't turn it even at just a 24p... It had a bit too much cup added to it... So I hit up performance propeller and traded for a cupped raker 24 3 blade, and bam and instant 4mph improvement from 50 GPS to 54, lowered the Jack plate an inch and got 57.5 GPS, lowered it another 3/4 but decided the water pressure was too low and tore it down for an impeller swap. Hopefully tomorrow I'll see what the 3/4in drop did... Damn water logged foam.... Love the ride though, I can take the worst center hill can offer on its busiest day and keep trucking, but I fish a lot of tournaments and getting in the 60's means I can beat some of the others to the good spots! Lol, except for the Allison, I'll just have to get used to seeing the back of that one...

MNfisher
06-19-2014, 05:41 AM
Yeah good luck catching the Allison! Haha

Mike

Travis C.
06-19-2014, 06:30 AM
Yeah good luck catching the Allison! Haha

Mike

x2 on that one!

For all you know he may have it stroked with stock decals on it. Those boats have always been a fav for those lead foot guys.

pitbull
06-19-2014, 07:50 AM
Nah its stock with a venom 200, with 2 of us in it 75 didn't seem to be much of a task, but its all plastic inside and has half the deck space I do... I'm envious of the speed, but I'd rather fish out of mine any day...