PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Tires/Rims

TNBronzeback
06-15-2014, 09:52 PM
Im in the market to get some new tires (at the very least) for my trailer. I would certainly get rim and tire if it was affordable. I just gotta believe that i can get them cheaper than $70 each from the big stores.
The tire is the 4.80-12. 13" rim/5-lug.
Painted rim or galvanized rim doesnt matter. Highway rates would obviously be a must as well.
Anybody know of any place that has good prices on tires and or tire/rim combo's?

TNtroller
06-16-2014, 05:33 PM
Can check WM and Northern tool on line, but did not know there were good prices on tires these days??

Alphahawk
06-17-2014, 07:59 AM
Are you talking about 70 bucks just for a tire?

Regards

sqlightning
06-17-2014, 06:54 PM
just sent you a message

TNBronzeback
06-17-2014, 10:13 PM
Are you talking about 70 bucks just for a tire?

Regards

$45-$70 for just tire
$80-$120 for tire and rim.

Ive never purchased trailer rims/tires before...but i got 4 new 60,000 mile tires on my truck 2 years ago installed for $500. I have a hard time believing 2 bicycle tires (in comparison) would be almost 1/2 as much as 4 truck tires! Lol.
That may be the case though.
If that is the case, anybody want to re-rig my jon boat trailer to handle passenger vehicle tires? Sounds like its gonna be cheaper in the long run! Geeze!
I will check out the link posted earlier and see what i come up with.

Lepomis
06-22-2014, 03:56 PM
I spent a lot of time checking tire prices recently. I had good wheels (i.e., old wheels made in USA) that are round so I didn't want to replace them. My recent experience with Asian tire and wheel assemblies from Pep Boys did it for me with cheap tire and wheel assemblies, which aren't really cheap. It took four tires to end up with two that are reasonably round and can be balanced.

I ended up getting the Carlisle USA tire at Walmart, and they seem to be good tires; at least my boat isn't hopping like my utility trailer did with the Asian tires. They're not cheap, but if you have good wheels to mount them on and plan on keeping them for a while it could be the way to go.