PDA

View Full Version : Merv and TK....di problems

Alphahawk
06-14-2014, 08:17 PM
Here is a pic of me using di today with sharpness on low....until today have never used the sharpness control and it was off. The pic will stay like this if I have chart speed set from 2-5. Any other chart speed is crystal clear. It does it in simulator mode also. In searching the web this appears to be a software problem with all si units. I was just wondering have either of you used sharpness on your di settings....and if so did you see anything like this? I just installed the latest software update and don't know if it did it before or not as I never used sharpness until today. I will call Humminbird Monday but just was curious if either of you have seen this.

Regards

tkwalker
06-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Randy, I probably don't Knob Dick with all of the fine tuning of what I have available ... But I have never seen anything like this ... <'TK>< :)

agelesssone
06-15-2014, 07:44 AM
Randy, I have four Humminbirds with DI and I have never seen a problem like that.

I have my sharpness controls set at low and have no problems.

Sounds like you need to send a screenshot to Humminbird techies. Their customer support system is absolutely the best.

nailman_83
06-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Mine does that with the chart speed at 2 and sharpness anything but off. Per Humminbird it will only happen with these setting.

agelesssone
06-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Guess that's why I never have seen it before, I usually have my chart speed set on 4.

Alphahawk
06-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Thanks guys. I guess it is a good news bad news deal. Apparently Humminbird is working on it for the good....the bad is a scroll speed of 2 is optimum for me in the kayak...LOL....but I can get away with it on one. Yeah Merv I didn't think you would be down around that 2 setting.....or TK either....but thought I would ask anyway. It is slow but perfect for a kayaker.

Regards

Dakota
06-15-2014, 06:31 PM
Interesting topic I have HDS seven touch love hearing about this technology today. Wish I had more input or could help on this with your hummingbird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphahawk
06-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Interesting topic I have HDS seven touch love hearing about this technology today. Wish I had more input or could help on this with your hummingbird

Thanks....right now it is just an inconvenience. But I want my unit to be 100%. I have been on a quest the past two weeks to see if bluegill do spawn all though summer close and around the full moon as many, many so called experts say. What I can tell you is that I have been burning up the highways fishing lakes and only going from bed to bed to see if the Gills show back up. As of today on Center Hill...Laurel Hill.....VFW....and the Williamsport Lakes they are most assuredly not on bed. I checked out 25 beds today on Center Hill with the side imaging....no fish on any of them. I would make some casts but these units don't lie. Many of the beds are deep water beds....9-10 feet. I finally pulled up into an unused boat slip at a marina and the sonar lit up like a Christmas tree!. I should have taken a pic of it but did not. I had perfect arches on 2d....fish all over si and di. I vertical jigged and caught a couple of good Gills but went on with my search. I will continue my quest tomorrow as am going to Laurel Hill to search all the beds again. I will probably check out 20 or so beds there. It is a lot of work doing this in a kayak. I'm just wanting to find out just how often Gills bed in the waters I fish. I suspect some Gills do bed through summer but the big deal is a one time affair in the early spring. One thing is sure...next spring I am going to kill the big shell crackers on Center Hill....LOL. I got 33 of them late May. Life is good!

Regards

Dakota
06-15-2014, 08:21 PM
Well keep the si and di pictures coming. I love the tech and understand alot of what I'm looking At but not always. Sometimes it's still tough to pick out fish in brush on di. I look for white dots but it is tough to pick up sometimes.

agelesssone
06-15-2014, 08:38 PM
Alpha, I'm gonna beg you for an invite to Center Hill next spring!

Alphahawk
06-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Alpha, I'm gonna beg you for an invite to Center Hill next spring!

We can arrange that Merv. Once the shell cracker start up there I may just camp out...LOL. I have also read a lot of articles that say shell cracker will spawn again in the fall once the water cools down. I am going to check that out also. I know there is always a fall shell cracker bite but I really never related it to a spawn.

Regards

Alphahawk
06-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Well keep the si and di pictures coming. I love the tech and understand alot of what I'm looking At but not always. Sometimes it's still tough to pick out fish in brush on di. I look for white dots but it is tough to pick up sometimes.

It is tough to pick out at times but the more one uses these units it just seems to pop right out. But I can understand why people shell out big bucks for those bigger screens.

Regards