PDA

View Full Version : Tackle Bags? Vests?

CrappieMan
06-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Tackle bags? Vests? What do you carry when your bank fishing? I'm looking for a new bag or vest for crappie fishing and I was looking for some ideas.

TroutFiend
06-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Got one of these a year ago and I use it twice a week. I wade creeks/rivers a lot. I also throw it in my boat and truck box. You can reverse sling to swap shoulders when wading all day. Drys fast too.

Andy

Travis C.
I have about everything but each have a niche depending on what I am doing.

Generally, I like a sling pack style back pack. The one I own isn't fishing but instead made for laptops and the plano boxes fit perfect in them with water bottle holders on the side. They were cheaper than the "fishing" sling packs.

If I am doing a long hike from the car its a regular backpack or vest for storage.

Simple short one small box stuff, I have a chest pack that I wear sling style.

TroutFiend

creekcrappie
06-03-2014, 01:56 PM
I honestly just use a regular backpack and lay my plano boxes on the bank when I need to get something out. I probably need to switch to a better system.

bfish
06-03-2014, 02:16 PM
For strictly bank fishing, I like a 5-gallon bucket. I then put 2 soft side coolers into the bucket, one with gear and the other with food and beverages. The bucket doubles as a seat too.

MNfisher
06-03-2014, 03:21 PM
I honestly just use a regular backpack and lay my plano boxes on the bank when I need to get something out. I probably need to switch to a better system.

This is exactly what I do...and love it!

Mike

TNtroller
06-03-2014, 04:06 PM
I use a sling pack from Academy sports, about $25 when fly fishing, works pretty good and doesn't seem to get in the way when casting.

Transplanted Sportsman
06-03-2014, 04:30 PM
For strictly bank fishing, I like a 5-gallon bucket. I then put 2 soft side coolers into the bucket, one with gear and the other with food and beverages. The bucket doubles as a seat too.

this is a great idea, I seen Alpha doing this and on my next trip to Academy I bought one with a top that swivels as you move around, (sold sepparate) pretty neat idea, I need to add the food and drinks to mine!!

Alphahawk
06-03-2014, 05:32 PM
This is the one I use when walking banks. You can get anything you like in it. A bit expensive but it is well made.

Regards

http://www.amazon.com/WT3604-Tackle-Lighted-Backpack-PT3600/dp/B00A0PA46U/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1401834572&sr=1-2&keywords=nomad+tackle+bag

TNBronzeback
06-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Nobody uses the ole bucket hat with a bunch of bare hooks, spoons and crankbaits dangling off it anymore? Lol.
When i hit the bank, i use my hunting back pack. It has the waist buckle on it to keep it from sliding across my back and is big enough for all my needed tackle, food, drinks and rain gear if needed. It is very easy to overload it though thinking of all the "what if's" though. So keep that in mind too. Im bad about taking half of academy sports with me down the paved trail to the mouth of the stones for the last 30 minutes of daylight! lol

CrappieMan
06-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Thank you everyone for the suggestions that wild river bag looks neat also I sort of have my eyes on a browning bag from bass pro that is a back pack that's probably a little bit smaller than the wild river but with a price tag of 29.99... I've never owned a backpack so not sure how much I will like it... And didn't want to drop 100 on one and not like it... This year I used the bucket and a shoulder bag but I'm not taking minnows next spring for crappie so wanted to persue something else... Thanks again guys!

blink
06-13-2014, 03:53 PM
This is exactly what I do...and love it!

Mike

Me too. When i was wading or hiking long distances in the river i had a single plano case with all my river baits in it and a few bags of plastics loose in the backpack.