PDA

View Full Version : Maiden voyage on Big Tuna

hunter24
05-20-2014, 09:44 PM
I took the plunge and couldn't be happier with it. Very stable with ample room. Ran it in the solo position today. I stood up most of the time. Even in the strong winds, I felt under control.

I did manage to catch 6 crappie and 1 gill.

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy125/ryanlee1949/imagejpg1_zps1a246a64.jpg

FlipaYak
05-21-2014, 06:01 AM
Nice kayak.

Where's the life vest?

Fishbus
05-21-2014, 07:11 AM
Nice boat. I dumped mine on the Caney with my dad in it once. Do, please, wear the PFD.

Billy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reel Tune
05-21-2014, 07:24 AM
Nice, I hope you and the pooch get a lot of use out of it.

jad2t
05-21-2014, 07:34 AM
Awesome picture with the dog. I'd love to get my dog (golden/lab mix) in my yak with me but I have so much stuff in mine that it's crowded enough already. Mine is a Ride 115 so it's also almost 3 feet shorter than yours. Plus she loves water and would repeatedly jump in leaving me no time to actually fish.

XxthejuicexX
05-21-2014, 08:01 AM
Nice kayak.

Where's the life vest?

He likes to live life on the edge! Unless I am on big water I don't wear mine.

Travis C.
05-21-2014, 08:41 AM
Nice boat!

If you are where it looks like you are. You are required to where a jacket that close. Its a $150-$200 fine which they will gladly hand out.

Alphahawk
05-21-2014, 08:49 AM
Congrats on your new rig. You can live on the edge if you like....but the canoeist on the Red River this past week was living on the edge with no PFD and he is no longer with us. It happens too often. I don't like wearing mine anymore than the next guy and am not trying to be a horses butt. But we would like to continue to see fishing reports from you.

Regards

nomad60
05-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Congrats on your new rig. You can live on the edge if you like....but the canoeist on the Red River this past week was living on the edge with no PFD and he is no longer with us. It happens too often. I don't like wearing mine anymore than the next guy and am not trying to be a horses butt. But we would like to continue to see fishing reports from you.

Regards

That's something I've been thinking about a lot lately...I usually go out by myself and only wear the PDF while running with the big motor. I hate standing on the front deck, fishing, wearing an uncomfortable PDF...BUT...on a weekday morning, with me being the only one out there...if something happens (stroke, heart attack, even a careless slip or trip), nobody would ever know until they saw my boat floating along with no one in it. And yeah, I do have one of the inflatable PDF's but I don't quite trust it LOL